R26 Renault or Black Diamond Discs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Feirny, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Genuine Renault front discs or Black Diamond drilled?

Can get a very good price on both, with the black diamond being nearly £30 cheaper for the pair.

Thoughts?

2. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

3. Not made by brembo?

4. I have always stuck with standard.

5. havent heard anything bad about black diamond tbh, was lookin at gettin some myself when there due to be done

6. They're Genuine Brembo and lots off here have bought them, they can be had cheaper around the £70 mark. Solid HC Brembos with DS2500 is the setup used by the Clio Cup race cars I beleive?

Regarding the 'Pagid' discs i take it you're referring to the standard OE spec ones sold by Euro car parts? If so just to let people know the standard brake brand 'Pagid' is now Owned by the ECP group and is produced in China land to their specs. The sports/race spec side of the brand is owned by another firm and much higher quality.

Also I remember someone had issues with the Pagid discs fouling the calipers when warmed up?

7. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Sorry, you're completely wrong there. Pagid are TMD friction group, who also produce Textar and Mintex amongst others. And they're made in Germany, not out in "China land".

They also may be "genuine Brembo" but they're made by Brembo, they're bought in. They're a good disc for a very good price, but there's better out there for the money IMO.

8. What's everyone's option of the Mintex grooved and dimpled discs and pads £100 for both? eBay 251442832580

9. I've always found Mintex pads to be very "squealy", but it might be worth a shot.

10. Just ordered some drilled brembos, will report back.