Renault Megane RS250 Cup for sale (£5995). I can't believe I've had to reduce it to this price :(

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Jonathan Garner, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Surely someone had got to take it at this price now (Cheapest around, just detailed and had the curbing removed from alloys!!!) Renault Megane RS250 Cup, 2010, 60 plate, white, leather seats, 92,250 will go up slightly as still used a weekend car, 19 inch steev diamond cut wheels, keyless entry, full service history with all main dealer stamps other than one, recently had a lot of work done to the car in the last 2 months with receipts for proof - cam belt, water pump, pulleys and tentioners, spark plugs, full service, front pads Brembo, full oil change, brake fluid flush, two drop links, two anti rotation links, bottom engine mount, powerflex top engine mount insert, hunter wheel alignment, 2 brand new front tyres - Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 one of the best road tyres cost £300. Issues are that there's an airbag light on since I changed the seats out and the back and forward positioning is now not working. This is an easy fix. Also there's a slight click/knock when setting off and braking. I've now had this diagnosed as the brake pads sticking. I've now spent around £1,700 + on the car in the last 2 months. I paid £6,900 for it a couple of months back so I’m £8,600 in and I want £5995 for it, yes it needs a bit of work but it’s not expensive to solve the issues. It's been one of the best performance cars I've owned with it's mechanical limited slip differential it goes round corners like nothing else for the price. Once these few small niggly issues are sorted this will be absolutely perfect after all the work I've already had done to it. If you're interested get in touch, my name's Jonathan () I'm based in Manchester. I need the money for a deposit on a house ASAP hence the reason for the low price. 20180912_182941.jpg 20180912_182605.jpg 20180912_182652.jpg 20180912_183030.jpg 20180912_182306.jpg 20180912_183030.jpg 20180912_182445.jpg 20180912_183141.jpg 20180912_182904.jpg 20180912_182910.jpg 20180912_183150.jpg 20180912_183150.jpg (Reduced for the final time!!!)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Personally I think if you spent the money to sort the seat and airbag light and the knocking you’d get the money you were looking for originally.
    Get these sorted and show a VHC and you’ll be sorted.
    Also advertise elsewhere. Give it greater presence.

Genty likes this.
  3. I should have never swapped the seats out in the first place and I wouldn't have had this problem . I'm not reducing it anymore now. I'm sure someone will take it soon enough, for an 8 year old car the bodywork is in great condition and mechanically it's been well looked after which is the main thing.

4. Where is it advertised, just on here?

5. That’s one if my points. Limited market if that desperate to sell. Increase price and fix issues and advertise to a wider audience.

PistonHeads, autotrader etc etc.

6. Also don’t come accross desperate to sell. You will be getting daft offers of 4500/5000 imo.

7. Just on here. I figured with it being the RS forum it's going to be exposed to a lot of people who would be interested in it. Tbh I do need the money but I'm not that desperate as I have other means which I can rely on.

8. Yeah someone offered 5k I told him it's no offers and he increased to 5.5k. It's not going for less than what it's one for, not in the condition it's in with all the history and major work being done to it recently.

9. Will gather wayyy more interest on facebook/eBay etc. Will also gather wayyy more messers/dreamers, sadly.

Glwts.

10. Won’t get messers if priced well, well written ad and good pictures and can prove no issues remain with the car.

If only there were some car salesmen on here to pass on any tips.
    Know anyone @imprezaworks ?

imprezaworks likes this.
  11. My experience selling cars generally is you will allways get messers. Especially on eBay/faceache.

12. I'd say get the issues fixed and you'll be looking at £1k on top of the price you're at now. People may be scared of French cars and electronics with the airbag light lol. That's so low already, post on ebay/Autotrader for £6k-£6.5k and it has to go for that. Or get it fixed and sell for £7k ish. Always list slightly above what you want so you get no silly dickhead offers. Good luck

FatRS likes this.
  13. SOLD

imprezaworks, Genty and FatRS like this.
  14. Well done there, see didn't take long :openmouth:

Whats next then ????

15. I'm not sure atm. I get something nice for the summer then revert back to the 1.6tdi golf for the rest of the year. I always choose driver focused cars so maybe an M car next summer, who knows.

16. ohh down grading next summer then :openmouth:

17. Haha we all know RS Meganes are shit hot on track and not much can keep up in the corners but at same time if you get the right M car they can be just as effective.

18. You are going to have to spend a shit load of money to get it that good :laughing::laughing::laughing:

19. Surely he’s not buying anything with the sale money as he needed the money for a house deposit.

20. There's no more performance cars for me until next summer now.