225 Refurbing alloys

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Paul21, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Im going to be having my wheels refurbed on my 225 but for me to do so i need some wheels for it to sit on while there being done. I have seen some mondeo wheels going for cheap there PCD is 5x108 same as the megane. They are 16's, just wondering if anybody knows if these would be ok for it to sit on for a week or so while the original alloys are being refurbed. It would not be driven with them on.

Thanks

2. Depends if they'll fit over the brakes mate otherwise that could be a non starter!

3. Could you not put the car on axle stands?

4. Think that would be safe to do so?

5. Will be fine on stands, if you put them in the right places.

6. Would that be on the jacking up points I'm assuming, have seen a guide before saying this would be the best places for them and to Jack it up from from another spot just by the jacking points, I do have the guide saved somewhere.

7. If you have axle stands which are flat on top then jack on the jacking points and place the fronts on the rail that runs parallel with the side of the car. Like a square box section look to it.

On the rear i use the beam mounting bracket point where the beam is bolted to the chassis. Not the beam itself as this can bend.

8. Mine are flat just flared at the ends. Ok thats cool will do that then.

Thanks

9. I had mine on stands for a couple of weeks when I was working on it and having the wheels refurbed. No issues.

10. Ok thats cool. Will get the calipers painted at the same time while there off