Recommended place for wheel bolts?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by SpookyZeus, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Hi,
    Looking for some new wheel bolts, ideally i'm after Black or Reds ones, Plus same coloured locking wheel nuts.
    I know some are sold on ebay but i'm a little hesitant to purchase from here as quility cannot be guaranteed.
    Can anyone recommend a quality place that sells them?

thanks
    Paul

2. Which size for a 225?

3. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111217110152

Just fitted these, they are exactly the right size for the 250/265. Everything else I could find was 2mm longer which probably doesn't matter but it does to my OCD :smile:

See below, the pictures quite poor sorry as it was in my garage so the colours are way out but the bolts ARE just as black as the wheels.

[​IMG]

4. What's with the one Rusty one Tom?
    Do you know if these fit mine?

5. This is off my invoice when i ordered mine.

14x1.50 27mm tapered 17hex tpi polarised racing bolt
    14x1.50 28mm tapered 17hex polarised racing lock bolt

6. if anyone wants a cheap alternative try some plastidip on the std nuts. a lot cheaper and mine is lasting surprisingly well as its a rubberised finish and doesnt crack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Where's this stuff from Mr Taylor? And where in Yorkshire do ya hide that gorgeous R26?

8. Ive got a set of black tuner bolts the allen key style ones and a black tpi set they are m14 x1.5 x 28mm thread if anyones interested £15 + post for tuner 25 plus post for tpi pm me both new

9. Or just get plastic wheel nut covers

10. I might be interested... once I've figured out what's what and what I need to do about lockers.

11. Ive got red ones
    and also a spare set of brand new renault ones which i got from warranty as mine was rusty so complained

12. If you google plasti dip then it should pop up mate. Im in york

13. They are both an unusual head so unlikely to get stolen and the tpis come with a set of lockers they same design but have a bit blanked of if you know what i mean

14. Thanks chaps. Been on their website and still can't tell which bolts you've got...any links or pics?

15. [​IMG]
    Taper pro

[​IMG]

Tuner style

16. Can vouch for the taper pro ones... very well made and a great little touch to the wheels!

17. Tpis are sold

18. Cheers :smile:

19. Received my set from TPI a couple days ago and got round to fitting them this afternoon.

Heres a few shots for comparison. Can't believe the state the renault ones are in!

Excuse the shoddy alloys, really need to get them refurbed! :worried:

rxkVLbZl.jpg

AiBTZOHl.jpg

O9e13A7l.jpg

20. Snap done mine today too no tpi tho

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Did u have any trouble with them i had to re tap the threads as they were full of rust:confused:

21. The Tuner Pro ones look good! You're putting my alloys to shame too!

Thankfully mine went straight in with no issues.

22. I had a set o tpi ones foolishly sold them when i thought they didnt fit

23. I wouldn't use aluminum wheel bolts myself.

24. What do you mean whos using aluminium

25. Looking good mr egg, I'm guessing you have non for sale now then? Glad they fit btw.

26. Ps...looks like you've sea leaked ya rims, what ya using?

27. Sea leaked ? U mean sealed lol they are just wet from soap an water and a rinse i thought it would be easy while they were of the car i dont know how to seal them but id like to learn so i didnt have to clean them so much thanks i like the look to unfortunately none for sale something like theese i used cant find the exact ones i

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281018029063?nav=SEARCH

28. Haha....sealing them is easy, try poorboys sealant. I need some new bolts...I like the ones you sold mr black.

29. Yep they were tpi. About twice the price of the ones I've got on got them from sixonetwo if u looking for some how do you seal them then I'll have a look for some sealant I'd love to get onto detailing but I don't really know where to start plus I wouldn't want to be setting to my car with machine polishers and cutting compounds lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  30. Daz

Daz

Anyone notice their black tpi bolts are rusting?

Mine are a year old and I noticed the other day how shabby they look already.

Not happy!