250 Recommended battery?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Charlie Howard, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

The car had trouble starting this morning and clock was reset to 00:00 so pretty sure battery is dying, probably the weather.

Anyone suggest any decent batteries or will a Halfords one do as I get a big discount?

2. I got the most expensive/long warrenty ones from halfords thinks it was yuasa one. £105.

3. Bosch S4 or what the Meg needs

4. Time for a lightweight one maybe?

5. I got Bosch s5 (5yr warranty) from ECP £107 with one of the regular 35% off type deals

6. Charlie Howard

Yeah what are the disadvantages/advantages of a lightweight one? Otherwise I'll get the S5

7. Advantages = Can be much much lighter which takes weight off the front end
    Disadvantages = Could go flat if left for too long

I don't have one fitted so I can't comment from real world experience. I wold assume that as long as you dont go for a really, really small one then it should be ok. I'm happy to be told otherwise by people who have tried it out though as I would be tempted to upgrade mine in future.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I run a small odyssey battery in mine and its OK unless you leave it a week then it starts to struggle to start it due to the parsytic loses from alarm etc.

9. Charlie Howard

Sounds like mine at the moment lol

10. I put a bosch S5 in mine last week. Bought it from carparts4less. Cheaper than ecp.

11. Same as above S5 one of carpartsforless, got it cheap (from memory was 80-90).