250 Recaro swap reprogramme ?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by BillS, Jun 2, 2017.

1. I have just swapped my std Renaultsport seats for Recaro's out of another RS 250 which were a straight fit both mechanically and for the connector. Maybe not surprisingly the airbag light has come on.

I have seen the thread on here for the resistor mod but would like if poss to get the car reprogrammed so it recognises the Recaros correctly i.e. seat airbags are active

Does this have to be done at a dealer? Or is there someone (hopefully not too far from me in Cambridgeshire) who could do it?

Anyone had this done before and know how much it costs?

Bill

2. You can do it with a Clip tool - or at least I have on a 225.

I'm in Suffolk btw.

3. Hi Jakg

Thanks for your response

Is there a specific version of the Clip software that I woul;d need for a 2010 Mk3 RS 250?

Tbh: If there is someone reasonably nr to me (St Ives, Cambs area) I would rather bung them a few quid rather than risk my lack of familiarity and mess it up

Bill

4. My friend has all of the software under the sun and knows what he's doing with it. He's based in Luton and would sort you out asap for a very reasonable price

5. I asked Mick at Diamond Motors to re-programme mine with CLIP. Despite trying, he said he couldn't do it. Seats from a 2010 Cup into another 2010 Cup. I went for the resistor option instead.

6. I'm not sure this can easily be done with CLIP. Some things changed from the Mk2 to Mk3 in CLIP such as TPMS which cannot be easily switched off in the Mk3 and instead requires the UCH to have a new confit file flashed into it to reprogram it. I think this may also be the case with the seat configuration.

It would be worth asking someone with CLIP and a Mk3 to confirm they can see an option for changing seat types before you start travelling anywhere for someone to do this.

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

As above.

It isn't an easy and enabling via Clip.

8. Strange

I've had it done on a 197 no bother, thought they'd be pretty similar as they are around the same age etc

9. That's why I suggested using a Renault tech. You can have a chat with him, he seems to think he can easily do it.

10. Let us know if you get it done properly, i would really like to avoid having to do resistor bodges on my 275.

11. Know one could do it on mine with a 250 with recaros installed so only way was the resistors

12. Hi Ghosty0101.
    Can you speak to your mate regarding his experience on this. Sounds like there are a lot of people who are interested !
    Cheers Bill

13. Send him an email at info@armstrongautos.com and he'll be more than happy to help anyone or just search Armstrong Autos online and give him a ring. Ask for Kev if you ring

14. 01582 410801 is their number, they're normally around between 9:30 and 6

15. I’ve just done the same! (I know this is from last year)

Has anyone manage to overcome this issue? Or is it going to be resistors?

TIA

16. Yes - I went to Armstrong Autos in Luton and they sorted it by reprogramming the car to accept the Recaros (which have a different number of airbags to the standard Renaultsport items) . Can recommend

Leeder likes this.