Recaro seat swap, airbag light (Help please)

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Jonathan Garner, Sep 7, 2018.

1. I’ve recently sold my Recaro cs seats out of my RS250 and have the dreaded airbag light on the dash. It’s due an MOT on the 25th of this month so I need this fixing ASAP. Also the seat now won’t move back and forward on the rail so is stuck in position. I’ve had a mobile mechanic come out and plug a tool into the seat to move it into the correct position as it was stuck right up at the steering wheel. Obviously the motor works fine but won’t operate from the switch. Is this something to do with the car needing reprogramming like it does to knock out the light? I have no idea. I just need some help with this and really don’t like the idea of taking it to Renault for them to bend me over backwards. I’ve read the airbag light can be knocked out once reprogrammed and also using resistors but I’m useless with stuff like this so have no idea how to do that. I’m based in Manchester so if anyone isn’t too far away I’d drive to you to help me out and obviously pay you for your time. If someone can reply on here or maybe even give me a call that would be great (07923177279) thanks Jonathan.