Rear Discs R26? Same as 197/200

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Mossyv6, Sep 25, 2018.

1. As per title are the rear discs from the Clio 197/200 the same as R26?
    The part numbers seem to match up but I prices for the 197 are coming in a lot cheaper.
    Obviously I am aware of it being a 300mm bearing but even that seems okay.

2. Yep, they are the same as far as I can tell. Kam Racing are the cheapest I've found at £147 for a pair of oem Renault drilled rear discs. Have you found them any cheaper as I'm after a pair myself?

Mossyv6 likes this.
  3. Thanks mate for the reply.

I have managed to find APEC DSK 2825 solid discs for £85 a pair delivered :smile: this is the 30mm bearing.

25mm bearing is APEC DSK 2984.

4. Mossyv6 likes this.
  5. image.png From eBay mate and just had confirmation they do fit.

Aang and Dale1uk like this.
  6. Nice one, cheers

7. You can get a pair of Mintex ones on eBay for £122.

8. Yes seen them but these are £85 A PAIR DELIVERED :wink:

9. The Mintex ones, I believe, also come with replacement hub nuts and dust covers so if you need those the difference in price isn't too much (although still more expensive than the APEC ones)

Mossyv6 likes this.
  10. Ok I take it back, looks like they fit - http://www.brakeworld.co.uk/brakeworld/buyguide/html/rs0306.htm

I assumed it was an individual price as a lot of them are.
    Yes the Mintex ones come with new covers and nuts.

Mossyv6 likes this.
  11. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

Yes the RS Clio 197 brakes are the same size as the R26 (but ran plain discs from the factory) . Think I've quote you on the CS forum mate. The OE Renault discs do cost more but have the better quality wheel bearings in that the other options, and the only ones that seem to last any decent amount of time.
    That's why I only stock these for the RenaultSport models. I can supply a lot of brake manufacturers including Mintex and Apec. Be careful with listings of the Clios on places like ebay etc, a lot are listed wrong due to them mass listing and as the mk3 Clio has the 2.0 16v and the mk3 RS 2.016v 197/200 , they're often listed as fitting both but the none RS models has smaller brakes (and will be cheaper)

Mossyv6 likes this.
  12. Thanks George - and yes it was me :smile:

Discs came this morning at 10am and voila:
    image.jpeg
    Fit like a glove :smile: and test drive confirms all good.
    Only time will tell as regards the bearings but for the miles I do in this car it won't be an issue.

13. Doing mine soon. Next week if time.

Mossyv6 likes this.
  14. Easy to do but just make sure you have a star shaped socket to get the caliper body bolts off.

15. Mine are 7mm Allen key, phase one so different.

Did the rear pads a few months back as they were shot.

Need to do the front left outer cv boot too, not looking forward to that. Be interesting to see if the driveshaft nut undoes. Then if the hub comes of the shaft....!

16. @Mossyv6

Do the APEC discs come with new hub nuts or dust covers?

17. Yes good luck with that buddy.

No matey.

18. Cool, I'll order some of those too whist there's 10% off all orders on eBay today :sunglasses:

I presume they came with the black anti corrosion coating, or did you apply it yourself?

19. Yes they came all coated ready.

What's the code for eBay 10% off mate please?

20. Use code "PAYDAY" in the checkout. There's a £20 minimum spend, and a maximum of a £50 saving

Mossyv6 likes this.