R26 roll cage

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Deanr26, Jul 26, 2017.

1. im wondering where people are going for cages? I've seen a bit about sw but wondering if anyone else comes recommended. Thanks in advance.

2. You could look on the custom cages website, they have registered fitters dotted about. I've heard good things about tube benders, they will sell you a kit or give you a price for welding in. I got mine from k-tec which is supplied by Oreca in France, it's a six point bolt in which comes in two parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. If you want to go custom, try my mate at tornadomotorsport.co.uk, he has done cages for most hatchbacks and can do anything you want pretty much.

4. I ordered a cage from swmotorsport but not heard My thing back. Ordered it off their website so we will see. Will post pics when/If arrives

5. Is that the half bolt in cage?

6. Yep thats the one in red with gussets

7. Looks like a nice cage with harness bars included. Do you run harnesses now?

8. Yes but bolted to the rear floor seat points so will be good to get thwm up a bit

9. Yeah it's better from a safety point of view not to have too much of an angle

Cazper likes this.
  10. I'm considering a full cage now but still undecided.

11. Might be an odd question but if its all welded together how do you get it in the car??

12. Lol, yeah daft question, it goes in in 2 sections normally then welded in situ.

13. Tetris I guess

Frimley111R likes this.
  14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Easy enough with seats removed

15. Hmmm so look what arrived today 20170822_105958.jpg 20170822_105952.jpg 20170822_105948.jpg

matt e and Korky like this.
  16. Looks good nice colour........now all you need is a shoe horn to get it in

17. i will do one of those install guide threads for folks thinking of doing the same thing

18. Please do mate, this is on my list of winter projects. Cage looks ace by the way, mind telling me how much you paid?

19. the 2 piece Ktec one was a right pain! be interested to hear how you get on with it being one piece, get the swear box on standby !

20. I would have done a guide to fitting mine but it seemed to go in differently every time and it wouldn't have been very professional writing now hit it with a bit of wood and a hammer OR kick the s**t out of it until it fits lol

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  21. went in really easy, very chuffed
    did it single handed but have a few hints and tips, it is bolted in at the rear and i just need to drill 4 holes at the front and bolt that in after dinner. will do a thread for it

22. 20170822_163526.jpg

dot61, matt e and RMDavis like this.
  23. That looks fantastic mate!

I'd love a red cage in mine, followed by some red wheels. [emoji6]

A cage is well down my list, but if I do get one that SW one looks spot on.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

24. came across a few tricky bits but nearly finished....have been doing a bit here and there but will post the issues, prep work and additional bits and considerations needed in a quick install thread once i am finished....that way anyone else installing like this will have a quicker and more painless install

25. nice one, wish i'd have got the SW cage now.

26. which one did you get?

27. Ktec version, i prefer the SW one after seeing it, few mates have them as well, job for the winter

28. ok I have set up a guide thread in the guides area

sunnylunn likes this.
  29. Looks spot on that does. Jealous much.