R26 discs and pads - Brembo HC & PFC Z

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by paulj84, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Hello all, I have recently fitted some Brembo HC discs and PFC Z rated pads.

Fluid is RBF600 with goodridge lines.

The initial bite is great when pottering about. When braking from higher speeds however the car slows ok but they never seen to have that great a feel. Almost wooden feeling or as if there is a film on the discs.

The car slows fine and the pedal stays firm but I just get a weird feeling.

Anyone else had this feeling. Perhaps its just the R26 brembos.

2. i know what you mean,
    the feel is low however if i press hard on the pedal the car does stop quickly so they do work well

3. I'm beginning to fear this it just a trait of the R26 brakes. Mine are the same (brembo drilled HC discs and brembo pads) They work good a lowish speeds, but when pressing on the feel is poor and just doesn't inspire confidence. Was hoping better pads would help, but maybe not

4. Yeah its very hard feeling to explain. A friend has a 197 and says he gets the same feeling using HC discs and CL pads.

Its not that confidence inspiring.

5. You need to bed the pads in, i have used these pads and they are fantastic.

Find a quite road, do 80 to 30mph slow downs four or 5 times @ 75% peddle effort, but you need to let the brakes cool down in between each application, then leave to completely cool down, over night really.

6. this is exactly it...i always use Carbotech xp8`s ,which have to be taken right up to failure to work as they should,when bedding in..

Last time didnt do it..went to the ring,and they completely glazed.
    Had to get them on a belt sander to bring them back.

My car was put you through the windscreen on brembo blanks,xp8`s and rbf 600 fluid.
    I can turn the disks blue,but still have a strong pedal.

7. Yeah I did the process on the pad instructions that come with them and people all post on here too.

Actually got the same feeling on the final high speed slow down.

8. Bed them in again.

They always work better when you do it twice.

9. Hey I tried five 80-30 braking slowdowns. There was a noticeable difference by the third.

Must have just been needing a good clean. Hopefully this performance stays for a while.

Thanks guys.