225 Pulling hard to the left under braking.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Cavell07, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Noticed tonight after heavy braking that it pulled the car quite hard to the left nearly pulling me off the road. Got told that I've plenty of pad left and that the disks were fine when I got the last MOT done, just wondering what else it could be, hopefully I can sort the problem out myself instead of putting it into the garage, spending a fortune sorting the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Paul

2. Uneven brake pressure could be due to a mechanical issue with the calliper on the side opposite to the pull direction Leaking seals, blockage in the line, Sticking calliper Pins, etc - The brake on the one side is working correctly whilst the other is not supplying the normal pressure so the car pulls to the correctly working side.

It could also be caused by sticking pins or pistons in the side the car is pulling to of course.

The fist thing I would do is visually check the condition of the callipers and components, I've cured a sicking pin by spraying it liberally with brake cleaner and giving it a few hard braking operations on an empty Car-park or somewhere that's relatively safe to deal with the pulling