PS3 lasted me 8k miles!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by moono16v, Nov 21, 2015.

1. I got just over 4k miles on a Continental CS5 and that was only 1 track day!

2. Yea I had them on the Clio and hey are awesome. As Mike said just be sensible in the wet. My Michelin ps2's are better in the wet tho. Actually not much in it in the dry too to be fair.

3. I had Yoko AD08's and Nankang NS2R's on my Clio 197, both quite similar performance wise. Found the Yoko to be better in the wet and generally felt better on them.

The Nankangs were great for the money, but probably wouldn't go for them again unless I needed to save the money. Cons of them for me were the car felt slightly twitchy/nervous compared to the AD08 and the ride was definitely firmer than the AD08. They're harsh to the point where my mate had them fitted to his 200 cup (Firm car!) and when he changed them back to a Yoko road tyre it totally transformed the daily drive friendliness of the car.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The Nankangs have a very stiff sidewall. I've ran both compounds on mine but probably wouldnt run them again. Decent enough but a bit of a compromise

5. As above really. They are cheap tho!! In the wet when they are well worn they can be uber sketchy too...!

6. Ahhhhh ! You guys are killing me ! hahaha. I'm just gonna buy some federal 595 RSR in 235 width.

7. Love my federals in the dry their so grippy, I've only managed to make them squeal once on the roads lol.

Just don't dry like a nob in the wet on them and you'll be fine

8. I can't complain about these either, I don't push on too much on the road now days but at a heavily wet Oulton once the rsr was up to temp they were bang on

9. Do you guys use 235 or 225 federals?

10. 235 for me

11. I don't like how federals look although I know that is irrelevant haha!

12. How would they cope being an all year round tyre?? Through the snow etc as mine is a daily!

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Hopeless, I had them on for one day in the winter then quickly got some winters.

14. I am NEVER buying Conti CS5's again, 5000 miles of mostly motorway miles and bald as a badgers arse. They are no grippier in the twisties than any other tyre I've had, what a waste of money!

Goodyears next, thought I'd try the Eagle F1's. I had them on my MR2 years a go, seem to remember they had good grip and lasted longer than 5 minutes.

15. Finally decided on tyres to buy. They arrived today. 533b25aa49096afb8a82d95ebe54330f.jpg

16. They'll be fine in the summer

17. Time for me as well I'm on pss had them on since last summer and done about 8-10k in that time

I had yokohama ad08s last longer on my ep3

18. Had to have them fitted today. Front PSS was showing a bit of cord ! Haha. They are surprisingly good in the wet although I haven't really pushed it too much, not my thing on public roads.

19. I had them federals.
    all 4 split in across the face.
    i wouldn't run them for free.

20. That doesn't sound good! Lots of people have raved about how good they though, perhaps you just got a bad batch?

Funnily enough I checked the front tyres on mine today and it appears my PS2's are worn quite low too already. Car is only on 7.6k!

21. Thats because you have an akropovic on it!!!!!

22. Its very common.
    Have a quick google or look on images.
    You will be surprised how bad they are for splitting.

Its a shame really as they perform very well.

23. Eh!!?