Project Cars time trial challenge

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by Jdrummo31, May 21, 2015.

1. Right guys so I've stolen this idea from the Clio lads over on CS but I quite liked it as its open to all platforms.

So the idea is ill start off, choose a circuit and a car and then everybody post up your fastest times with photographic or for the more tech guys even video evidence. Please also share whether it was controller or pad played too as I like to see the difference between them and so may some others.

We will run it from Monday to Sunday with the winner each week choosing the car and the track for the following week, trying to make sure that the new selection is out there for Monday morning.

So I'll kick it off with the first selection being cliche

Circuit-Oulton park international

Car-Renault megane 3 RS

Hope we get a few on board

Cheers

Jordan

2. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

am getting this tonight for my sons birthday tomorrow so ill join in mate

3. Spot on mate. Forgot to say we will leave this one running until a week on Sunday to get the ball rolling and then week by week from then.

I'm sure a few will join in as there were quite a few on the actual project cars thread.

4. This will be fun lol

5. It should be alright if we can get a good few involved with it haha. But it's when you start chasing times your Xbox/PS/PC could become an enemy.

Correction on OP also where I mention use of controllers. I meant controller or wheel not controller or pad with them being the same thing lol

6. Good idea!! Look forward to seeing what kind of times people are getting!

7. Just to set a base time, having played the game for 5 minutes set a 2:00:168.

Need to fiddle with the controls a bit but under 2min seems easily doable.

8. I think the competition on the PC must be a bit limited:

[​IMG]

I should mention I am actually using an xbox controller, it just shows up as a wheel :smile:

9. I'll get some time on it this weekend so I'll post what I can manage. Might put a couple of laps in tonight and see where I am to that base time grumpy

10. ordered this few days ago hope its good, and i am in are the cars to be used standard? and i keep reading about the controls being hard to master any tips? (more of a forza fan)

11. It is a good game but it's just not pick up and play which is good if you like a challenge because it keeps you interested. My only tip would be, which sounds stupid as its a game is take the physics of driving and actually apply them, be smooth, good line and don't hold your brakes too long are the three things I try to follow on the game

12. Called at tesco on my way home just to pick it up and they are sold out. Gutted!

13. I'm game I'll jump on this tomorrow

14. Spot on. Getting a few now. I'm going to put some time in this weekend and hopefully get some times posted. Towards the back end of the week I'll filter through everyone's fastest times and post them as a list

15. I'm game.. On a ps4... Anyone on the pad... Use the triggers make controlling the cars a little easier... Although can be tricky modulating the throttle and brake (sometime press a bit hard) ... Hopefully they bring support for the logitech g27... Got one sitting in the box ready to roll lol

16. What tuning setups we doing... And damage etc... Like low fuel limit? Or something?

17. Also tires? What tires we limited too? Lol

18. Ignore me... Just realised this is time trial not free practice .... Doh lol

19. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432560881.825701.jpg

That's about as good as I can get at the moment

20. Haha yeah Charlie time trial to keep a level playing field.

That's a good time that I can't get sub 2 minutes at the moment

21. Just called at tesco to pick this up and........sold out! Gutted

22. Nightmare mate. I'm literally just nipping out and then I'm going to sit down and play for the first time all weekend.

Could only do a 2:01 the other day which isn't fast haha

23. Does anyone know what a good time round there would be in real life?

24. Think I will just download it from the play store, but I do like to have the disk.
    This is the second time I have called and no joy!

25. [​IMG]

26. So a two min lap is about right

27. 197 did 2:11 so yeah minus a few seconds and it's not far off I'd say

28. [​IMG]

Think this is about as good as I'll get today. I can't seem to string a clean lap together

29. I don't know how (other than wizardry) that GrumpyTwig put a 1:58 in.

30. :smiley: Tbh if I'd put all my time/distance spent in driving sims into real racing (and weighed about 35-40kg less) I'd probably not be working in IT :worried:

Doctor_Proctor likes this.
  31. [​IMG]
    Here's my attempt for tonight, reckon I could maybe shave off a little more yet

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  32. I need to practice more.

33. Haha I need to play more sims. My best bud loves it and even spends a fair bit of time at the local driving simulator place. He does races and stuff though which is quite good.

But you have to have height and weight deficiencies these days to be a pro racer.

34. What platform you using Mike?

35. PS4 with the pad.

36. I can't believe how slow I am haha. That's quality that

37. [​IMG]

Managed to shave a second off so I'm getting there!

38. Good going, the megane is super tail happy haha.

39. Cheers mate. Yeah it is very tail happy, any unnecessary lift off or correction on brakes and its game over. Unplanned meeting with the gravel trap haha

40. Christ you guys are fast... Think my best so far is 2.04... That settles it.. I will never be a racing driver lol