Powerflex bushes?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Stock265cup, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Do the purple powerflex bushes make much difference to the handling of Mk3 RS Megane over the standard bushes?

2. I cannot comment on MK3 but on my MK2 they are great. Car feels really solid, got the front and rear bushes on the A arms and the rear axle beam bushes.

Added the engine mount inserts too. The vibrations are a bit more of course than stock on all poly bushes but its a sporty hatch so it really does not bother me.

Best part after replacing all the bushes my cars alignment is almost perfect according to the alignment printout I got from the alignment place.

3. Ok, cheers for the info.

4. I would just stick to oem or buy SuperPro

5. Why’s that?

6. The SuperPro bushes are apparently superior to Powerflex. Some guys have had bad experiences with Powerflex. You can find those threads on the forum with a search. The biggest issue was also with the caster and camber adjustable bushes as far as I remember.

The Superpro is a bit more expensive though.

I could not afford SuperPro with shipping to ZA so opted for the Powerflex which I got a good deal on at Driftworks.co.uk