PLEASE HELP...RS250 Airbag resistors!!

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Mark_RS, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Before I tear out what little hair I have left. Can someone with a 250 who had the CS/tombstone seats and removed them please tell me what resistors I need and where to get rid of the airbag light on the dash? I've read every guide there is and fitted 3.9O resistors (in yellow below) to wires 4-5 and 6-7 on the passenger side and 4-5 on the drivers side...I don't know the colours of 6-7 drivers side as the wires were removed from the plug a while back, can someone tell me which colours and what else I need to do as the light just won't go out.

Ideally need pictures of the plugs with resistors in place? Each guide seems to be different!
    Passenger side plug
    20170917_102415.jpg
    Driver's side plug
    20170917_104301.jpg
    The resistors I bought
    20170917_105221.jpg
    The loose wires I don't know which is 6-7
    20170917_105254.jpg

2. Are you on about the dash light or the centre binnacle light?

3. This is the dash light (yellow spanner, airbag symbol and 'check airbag' message). The only other airbag that has been removed is the steering wheel one and I fitted the supplied K-Tec resistors for that.

4. are you sure the steering wheel resistors are in properly? mine kept flashing the airbag light up, i just pushed then in a bit further and put some insulating tape on , sorted it for me.

5. I think so...I didn't just push them in to the holes, I soldered them to wires!

I'm hoping someone can send a pic of their RS250 seat plugs wiring and what they did, it's driving me mad :worried:

6. On my seat plugs( std seats, not Recaro). Drivers side 6 is pink & 7 is green.

7. It might be my crap eyes but it looks like both sets on my pic are pink/green! LOL.

8. I've added a resistor to the green and pink but still got the light on :worried:

9. The plot thickens...so I've removed the curtain airbags, replaced with a 3.9O resistor as per the seats and also removed the side impact sensors as they aren't needed. Now when I start the car, the airbag light takes about 20 seconds to come on but now I get a central locking click and a 'steering wheel not locked' message. The doors don't auto lock anymore either....any thoughts?

I also removed those 2 metal brackets from the bottom of the doors that sit in the car body when closed, didn't think they served an electrical purpose??

All good fun!

10. Hi Mark. Are you still having trouble with this? I can give you all the info if you still need?

11. Hi Jack,

The side impact sensors were causing the issues above but the airbag light is still on and the car reports no errors when I use Torque Pro.

12. I need help please, same as above I've tried the resistor in the connector pins and nothing has happened still have airbag light and spanner on dash

13. Mate just take my advise...pay a mobile airbag mechanic to do it for you. It will save you so much stress and annoyance with everyone telling you to try this or that. Cost me £120 and took airbagman 10 minutes.

14. Haha I'd rather spend a little time and spend a couple £ than £120 on the technician tonne honest. He will be a last resort, lots of people have done it that's why I can't understand why there's no simple answer. I went on the French forum and their resistor trick didn't work for me either.

15. I don't get it either. The issue is either the wiring as the seats differ or it's the incorrect resistance. I tried the actual kit from KTec (gave it me for free), my own resistors from Maplin and a set of expensive ones from Ebay (yellow things)...none worked and I really could not be fucked to keep trying. Trust me when I say that if it aint working now, it won't work.

16. Really that's not good to hear, what year is your car? All I've tried is the Maplin resistors cost me less than £1 haha

17. 2010 RS250 Cup, came with the CS thin Recaro seats. I searched high and low, asked so many people...got me nowhere.

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Im in the same boat as Mark although I've learn to live with it now after 2 years or so, Tried every combination and resistor tricks and still didn't work, I just taped over the lights and live with it but ill get round to get an Auto sparky to sort it when i delete the rest of the airbags next year with cage going in