pictures of different wheels on r6/r26r/225 needed,thanks

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Yellow_chris, Oct 5, 2014.

1. I'm sure their 8j and the R26.R wheels are 8.5 J

2. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412622532.719307.jpg

My old meg on oz f1s

3. Naughty

4. Steve I just went through naths thread and it looks like these are udentical to his.. sizes and everything

5. Bargain at that price

6. Look good in satin black

7. They'll fit no problem at all mate

8. Not many wheels out there tbh... Gotta be r's though
    [​IMG]

9. Fuck me, need to be honest here but that picture looks like one of the best meganes I've ever seen, those wheels, the stance, the colour

I want so much :worried:

10. I think the same mate lol then open my garage lol thanks

11. Dammit Losi... just brought a set be-bop's away for a full refurb, might sell them right away and get me a set of those! Said it before bought your combo looks f**** awesome!

12. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Not keen on those oz f1 wheels at all but the R26.R wheels look stunning.

13. I quite like the idea of these... i think the LY R pulls off the red so i don't see why a bare LY r26 with no stickers and these wouldn't work

team-dynamics-red-03.jpg
    [​IMG]

14. Look mint mate

15. They dont do the 1.2s in a suitable fitment though do they?

16. Whats the offset for a std r26 wheel gents?

17. ET 68 I think and ET 64 for the R wheel, what's the J width and off set for the 1.2s in megane fitment, I fancy a set of those in red, never knew they came in red

18. Demon tweaks £839

19. That really really makes me want to keep my R wheels now and paint them oem anthracite

20. emc

emc

Team Dynamics are nice, but everyone seems to have them on their cars at the moment.

21. R. Wheels in antharicite are just quality, love a set at some point!

22. This means the et50 on the OZ F1s the wheel will stick out closer inline with the arch right... I likey... guess I'll have to likey as I just bought a set of those off ebay. Will post up some pics when I get them... apparently they're a genuine renault part.. what car where they for?

23. No Chris, just no. At least not in that colour. If your going red it's got to be the R wheels otherwise it just looks like a 'cheap' imitation

24. For this offset difference will I need longer bolts?

25. Received one of my oz f1s... other three should be here tomorrow! They seem identical to naiths.. so yeah I'm chuffed :smile:

yzevy5e4.jpg

26. They'll look mint, what colour you going for

27. Freddy

Freddy Banned

They're smaller than the standard 8.0j wheels right? big downgrade in my opinion. You going down to a smaller tyre now as well? 235/40 on a 7.5j will be no good the tyre needs to be narrower than the rim for best handling and feedback.

Is there no decent 8.0j or 8.5j wheels that fit the megane?

28. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

How are they a big downgrade?! They are lighter than a 225 wheel and mine are happy sat on 235 contis. I've not noticed an ounce of difference bar the fact they look brilliant.

29. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Downgrade in handling performance it seems pretty obvious your fitting a smaller width wheel normally people upgrade to wider wheels so they can run wider tyres that are suited to the width...but I'll try to explain

Fitting a 235 on a 7.5j will decrease the ride handling the tyre will flex more and not feel as sharp at the steering wheel. Maybe not so noticeable to some drivers but I've tried it in the past and felt the difference. If your just doing mods for looks then fair enough.

30. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I'm aware of how tyres and rims work. I have noticed a tiny bit more flex under compression but my BTCC license won't be here for a few more years so i'll survive.

Infact I have looked at my times round donington with the OZs on and they're quicker than before..

31. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

turinis look good on meganes

32. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Well your aware of the decrease in handling like I said many drivers won't notice it so it's fine but personally any loss in handling and steering feel is a big downgrade. The megane already feels a bit numb at the steering wheel I wouldn't make it any worse.

Its great that your faster now but I'm not really talking about laptimes..

33. Freddie the oz wheels are the same size as the original 225 wheels 18" x 7.5j. As what was fitted to naiths car as standard. But the oz's are a lighter wheel. Therfore a slight improvement.

225 cup/trophy, r26, dci cup are fitted with the 18"x8j multispoke rims.

A big downgrade is negligible. His coilovers will help with the lack of steering feel more than the new wheels. And cancel out a lot of the body roll which these suffer from

34. Either satin black or black gloss (powdercoating) as for the tyres.. I'm running the 225 michilin pilot super sports... which are on par (actually better in fact) than the ps2's I originally had (235) and 10x better than the hankooks I had also 235's... yet the 225 PSS' are physically wider than those! Should look awesome :smile:

35. Freddy

Freddy Banned

I didn't know those models had 7.5j wheels, from new they must have come with a 225/40 or 215/40 tyre?

In that case a good upgrade for those with low spec 225 meganes would be 8j r26 wheels then you could run 235 road or 225 track tyres which are suited to a 8j rim.

Can you not get 8j o.z wheels to fit the megane?

36. Its all about the offset. Ford st wheels fit but are a much lower et so stick out 20+mm further. Not many aftermarket wheels are a close match to our offset

37. Team dynamics 1.3s

38. And not to mention that most after market wheels for the megane are in the region of £1000+ not £260 for the set :smile:

39. As far as I'm concerned... They're tried and tested... both on road and on track (naith tracks his) without issue... good enough for me :smile:

Think I need longer wheel bolts though but not sure how much longer... can anyone help on that?

40. Measure your standard wheel thickness and compare to your new ones, add the difference to the bolt length, will take you about 1 minute mate