250 Picking Wheels - The Most Difficult Thing?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by R3LMV, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Trying to pick wheels for the 250 Cup which i'll be using on track, been through the forum and through many threads but still unsure? Budget really I don't want to spend more than £1000 on the wheels. The other issue which size, width and do they fit without issues. Please share your suggestions, prices and specifications.

2. I suggest... another set of standard wheels! I managed to get 3 tibors second hand off ebay and only needed to buy one new. Cost me about £500 in total.

3. Team Dynamic 1.2's / 1.3's

4. Team dynamics 1.2 8x18 et45 £600 weight 10kg

Ktec racing sell, fondmetal evocorse, 8x18 et47 £1014 weight 10.1kg, I emailed the manufacturer in Italy and it was only £29 cheaper direct, so pointless.

Top end wheel, oz alleggerita £1800 weight 7.5kg, or ats gtr wheels £1800+ these are forged and not cast hence why there more expensive.

5. not sure what problem you are having? if they are just for on the track, there loads and loads of megane wheels 2nd all the time

6. offset is your problem,more than availability.
    meganesport uses et62..a unusually high offset.

most aftermarket wheels for the meg are et45-55,so a pretty marked difference,with the wheels sitting out a lot further than before in the arch.

I have a second set of 18s with a 55 offset,and they really do look odd.It looks like the wheel is way to small for the arch,even though you would think that seeing as the wheel sits further out, it would look like its got spacers on.

In reality from certain angles it looks horrible.

Potentially different handling issues with the scrub radius being changed..but to be fair,i havnt noticed any different handling traits.

7. as you can see..looks like the wheel is to small for the arch.

8. IMG_0553.JPG

9. I've been running Autec Wizards 8j 50 or 55et for more than a year now, seem to be holding up very well for their price and weight.

Paid about €800 I believe, 9kg wheels.

Mish View likes this.