Picked up the megane 225 tonight and got a suprise

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by andymegane225, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Evening all,

Got my new car tonight. God the thing is bloody quick, I swear it is not standard and what fuels my speculation further is who the previous owner of my car was. Northumbria police owned this car before me and it was used as an unmarked police vehicle.

Do the police modify the vehicles or do they leave them standard???

2. Thought they left them standard (could be wrong though)but your car will have been well looked after they service them like mad

3. May have a stage 1 map, what car did you have before? I got my R26 last week and it feels stupidly quick to me as I came from a 110bhp petrol. So really depends what you've driven before

4. Get a boost gauge and see. The french police ran their 250's with a '270' map which would prob be 300!

5. My last car was a 110bhp ford focus 1.6. Before that I owned a Subaru legacy GTB and another megane 225. It may be that I have got used to driving a low powered car and that is why it feels so quick to me. I will be taking the wife out in it today and Im sure she wont hesitate in telling me if the car feels quicker than the last fast car I owned. :smile:

6. Police don't actually have mapped cars, coming from some one I know who is a mechanic @ bmw who always have police cars in there for work.

7. I am putting down to the fact that the car has been used properly and maintained properly. Never had a car that has been maintained this well before. :smile:

8. Not necessarily true as I know for a fact that the insignias in bucks police are remapped. TMS did them.

9. Regional I suppose, round here they are all bmws and one 13 plate astra..

10. I thought they used to spec top engine & bottom trim?

11. Warwickshire police own a mountune focus st, I don't think there the only force to have one either...

12. I must admit I have heard mixed things about different police forces doing different things. My wife after being in it today thinks is is faster than the last 225 we had and did not feel comfortable driving this one.

13. Tbh rolling road it, then you will have a base to build on

14. Isn't it a black 5door? Heard a few lads talk about it around coventry

15. Thats what I am thinking of doing. I was get it booked into Paul at RS tuning for a stage 1 when I next get paid. :smile:

16. Sent you a pm

17. The local coppers round here run some modified cars. I trained with a tech from Volvo and he said that the T5s are mapped, uprated 'mod' spec suspension and brakes. He had one in for stabilty issuses at high speed and was given permission to test it! They knew exactly what speed he'd done and where! And as said top spec underneath, low spec exterior, there are a few VXR vectras in normal guise about.

18. Which force owned the car? GMP don't modify cars, well they do...but none of the modifications are upgrades!!

Paul

19. If anything police cars are only fitted with uprated parts for operational and safety reasons. With the amount of equipment a traffic car has to carry around it makes sense to have better brakes for example.

As for performance upgrades they don't need them. For one a fully qualified traffic officer could probably get a bog std 3 series round a track far quicker than anyone on here in a 400BHP meg.

On top of this there isn't any car capable of outrunning a radio or a helicopter.

20. Not another, they are trained to drive fast and safe
    why people think traffic officers are Jensen button baffles me

21. and just remind me again what makes a fast laptime..

Fast and safe.. That'll be the one

22. gaz

gaz

All the ex police T5's seem to have been played with my friends have owned. Dont hang about the coppers! lol