Ph 2 225 - Electric Window fuses and Question.....

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by DrewG, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Afternoon all

Some advise / guidance please :worried:

Have a Ph2 225 Meg.

Both windows were working perfectly fine yesterday, got in the car this morning and neither would work...

Have popped the cover open on the fuse box inside the glovebox and can see a 40A + 2 x 25A Fuses which from the cover are shown as Electric window ones..

When I got down to look at the fuses, I can smell electrical burning smell... further digging, smells like the motor or the regulator has burnt out passenger side.. took the speaker out of the door and the smell is definitely coming from there..

Q1. Does anyone know what one of the 25A fuses controls the passenger door (Uk car); neither have blown but want to stop current getting to the motor.

Q2. Would this faulty motor / regulator be causing the drivers window to not work too ?

Any help greatly appreciated ! I can live without an opening passenger window until I can get hold of the parts, but the drivers one will drive me mad !

Cheers
    Drew

2. anyone know the part number of the passenger window motor ?

3. Finally got round to stripping the door panel out.. no wonder I had an electric burning smell !!! Scarey thing is no fuse blew...

Question is do I replace the entire door loom or just the connector ? Wires attached to the connector, no signs of melting..

Cheers
    Drew

IMG_20180211_102728[1].jpg IMG_20180211_102529[1].jpg

4. Think i had this yesterday.

Passenger side not working and what smelt like electrical burning for a minute.

Will check the fuses later.

Probably got some water ingress somewhere.

5. Its a total mess.. burn out the connectors to the motor etc.. I've had the connector off where the loom connects to the body and no sign of arking or anything.. I may get away with simply replacing the motor (got one already with temic) and the connector to the motor.. plenty of looms on eBay.. everything else working ok (mirrors, locking, door lights etc.)

6. Probably lack of use and too much resistance compared to the drivers side.

7. Hi, I have a Renault modified wiring loom, regulator and motor for the passenger side. Looking for £75 posted.
    Tel

8. Pm'd you Tel