275 Pads and disks

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by drc12369, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Hi, just wondering what kind of disks and pads have you guys fitted on your 275's and what kind of results have you gotten? anything to avoid? This is just for street use btw im not going on a track. Have any of you tried ceramic pads? Do you rate Brembo or EBC pads? I'm thinking green stuff pads would suit?

2. ebc are no better than standard..i found yellowstuff to be awful on several cars.
    many here using,performance friction,ferrodo,as well as carbon based pads like carbon lorraine and carbotech.
    Brembo standard will be fine if you dont track it,or drive hard.

3. The words EBC and BRAKES shouldn’t be used in same sentence

Chris Llewellyn likes this.
  4. its is amazing how big they are for some of the junk they sell.
    The yellowstuff i had, ate through the rear disks of my R26,and the front disks of my Puma in no time,without offering any brake performance at all....a quality combination.

I do remember years ago i had a set of redstuff in my integra type R and they were actually quite good.

5. I've used carbon loraine cl5's and performance friction z rated.

The carbon Loraine's were great on track but terrible on the road noise wise.

The performance friction on the other hand have been superb! No noise at all, low dust and brilliant performance (pun not iteded there). Couldn't recommend more mate!

6. ^^^^ for performance friction Z rated

7. do they do these for rear R26 caliipers?..i have ds2500 in the rear and they are not great when pushed hard.

8. Andrew, To be honest i don't know mine is a Ph1 so i have the shitty rears with no choice, i had to put yellow stuff in the rears as that and standards are the only ones available.

9. All great stuff to know, thanks fellas. I've always stuck to Brembos on my cars, they dont seem to last more than 12 months though lol Ill definitely look into the PFC Z rated. I wont be tracking the car but there will be plenty of 'spirited' driving going on and a yearly road trip to Germany

10. 12 months :laughing: if only, already on my 3rd set of pads this year, but i do mainly use it on track :sunglasses:

11. CL5+ are an awful pad. No anti crack or anti squeal design features making them very noisy. Mine were rubbish on track and fell apart after 3000miles.

I'm now on 355mm discs and DS1.11s. I'm very happy with this set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk