Pads again

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Daz, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Daz

Daz

Soooooo...

I'm looking at ds1.11 or xp8 level of performance from the pads and I've bought new discs

I can cope with some dust as I clean it regularly but I'd like next to none or no squeal - I hate it!

I know the above are decent on dust but what are opinions on the squealing side of things with these two? is there alternatives that stop as well but don't squeal?

I'm naturally quite aggressive on the brakes so something that quietens down after a few stops I wouldn't mind either.

2. I have had 3 sets of xp8`s and they have never squealed..i just get a grinding noise at low speeds..but that doesnt seem to wear the disks any quicker.

I make sure the pad backs are covered with a decent layer of copper grease when i put them in.
    Or maybe its down to the disks..i have had cross drilled renault and brembo blanks.

3. i have plain brembos and my 1.11 pads dont squeel

4. how much are the xp8s and how many trackdays to you get out of them would you say?

5. Get yourselves a 250 brake conversion, £100 for pads and brilliant stopping power however long you stay out for, hardly any dust and no squeal

ianplymouth likes this.
  6. 170+vat for my last set.
    Best speak to jamie about the XP8`s on the track..he has done a lot more miles on the track than me.

7. Daz

Daz

How much is the conversion all in though?

It's something I'm thinking for the future but I'd like to to at least try a decent set of pads first to see if I'm happy with the performance.

Just paid for new discs as well so might as well get the use out of them.

8. Daz

Daz

I think I'll go for a set of XP8's and see how I go.

9. Those PF z rated pads are great, cheap and excellent stopping with no fade, thank for the heads up on them mate

10. if you do..rough the faces up of the disks before you chuck them on,
    to avoid possible pad contamination from the previous set.

11. Daz

Daz

Discs are brand new - not been fitted yet