Once bitten??????? lol

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by rosscoe, Feb 8, 2014.

1. loved by old 225 very much, and as some of you know I had to downsize for personal reasons.....germanic ownership showed me reliability and build quality etc etc but lured by the exquisite handling and PR promise of much better build quality etc etc for the 250 I put past experience to one side and took the leap of faith.

Got me a beautiful 61 plate 250 in October, since then Ive had probably two weeks of trouble free motoring, hampered by some very very poor servis from 3e autos in nottingham resulting in a significant amount of time talking to rnault customer services ( who, in their defence, did their best under the circumstances.

lol @ service manager "whole warranty changes after 2 years"
    me - you sure?
    "yes, and anyway, the hub bearings won't be covered as they are a moving part"
    me - you really sure thats right before I phone renault?
    "yes"
    cue customer service input and both hub bearings replaced under warranty.
    Everything sorted Mr Marshall, and a full safety inspection shows all is good, but rear pads a little low..........

2 weeks later squealing and grinding from rear.....visit to a certain Mr Black showed pads seized on......

Then theres the rattling seats that are distracting when driving (and dangerous in my opinion)
    3e autos "yes there is a rattling, it is bad and distracting, but there is no fault with the seats" this is after about 8 hours investigating. Ultimately they blamed the poor build quality of recaro seats!!!! to which recaro uk weren't very impressed!

they still rattling....

then heater unit packed up. Fortunatey I had completely different customer service from Mansfield dealer. Took them ages to sort (dash and column out jobbie) but no hassle or questions and communications very good. Thank you.

now seat bases sticking......and booked back in.......unbelievable

but the funniest thing????? on way home from getting brakes sorted at Mr Blacks I get a call from Renault asking how my experience of ownership and service has been!!!! talk about perfect timing!!! Poor woman.....best questions...so, based on your ownership if you had to buy a new car today on a scale of 1-10 how likely would you be to chose renault....hhmmmmmm "0" and how likely, using same scale, would you be to recommend Renault to friends and family.....hhhmmmmmm "0"????

Oh, so Mr Marshall, would you mind if we passed your comments on to our customer service director? Me "absolutely no problem, infact Id love you to in the hope that renault finds a way of making ownership of what can be incredible cars a pleasant and stress free journey"

needless to say Ive heard nothing since then!!

sorry, rant over

2. Are you keeping her then

I've had no rattles in my recaros touch wood

3. I've had many a Renault in my past and the 250 is by far the most reliable.

4. Its almost boringly reliable :/

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine certainly isn't.

Clutch gone at 26k and Gearbox mount has just gone at 32k, Can't see me getting another RS after this one to be honest.

6. would love to keep her, and if I settle over the next few months maybe

7. Must be the way your driving it :tongueout:

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Properly? :wink:

My love for using all the kerb then more on track probably hasn't helped tbh

9. Lol I'd advise you steer well clear of any RS Clios then, they are a little more temperamental.

10. Tbh it's more of the customer service issues that hassle me. I could almost deal with stuff breaking if getting it sorted without a fight was possible :-)

11. Unfortunately they could make the perfect car but Renault dealers would still always be shit, IMO of course.

12. Sadly true, the only two places local that are any good with Renaults don't even sell Renaults anymore! Both still selling Nissan's though.....

13. Need a Jag mate.

14. Jamie, did you get them fixed during warranty or after?

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine is out of warranty now so will be coming out my own pocket!

16. Love my 225 always problems with the locks and air con but other than eating tyres,, I love her

17. Man hug ya car :-)

18. Mate try going to them for goodwill. You will be surprised what you will get for having a moan especially at that low a mileage. Even if you get say 60% paid it often makes it much cheaper!

I agree car is good dealers are completely crap. They don't have a clue what they are looking at the majority of the time unless you have a standard 1.2 clio.

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Anyone got some contact details of RUK customer service? Local dealership hasn't been that helpful with it

20. I always wonder how lucky i am! I've owned a PH 172 for almost 2 years without any major problems, same after 1 year ownership with my 225. People around me got lots of problems with their Audi's, VW's BMW's etc. i now atleast 4-5 people who had major issues with Audi's, automatic gearboxes that break, even an TDI A4 that got's a broken camshaft after 100k and it was 6k out of guarantee! Almost cost the guy 3k repair!!
    I'm gonna stay with my Renault RS's never had any big issue so far!

21. I think i am just having some car related karma with mine so far (touch wood). I had a corsa VXR before this that in the 22 months i owned the vehicle needed 2 gearboxs. 4 wheel bearings, radiator, expansion tank, window regulators, 2 ball joints, 2 top mounts and the wire in the recaro broke (the bit that makes it fold forward) and im pretty sure there was a couple other little things as well. I spent more time fixing that car than i did driving it! So far the most painstaking thing ive been through with the R26 is changing the front dipped beam bulbs!

22. If you just speak to RUK directly (google the customer services number) and complain, eventually you'll get a call back from the very polite (but ultimately useless) RUK customer services manager Mel Sharp.
    I had more luck getting blood out of a stone than a straight and helpful answer from her. Who knows, you may be lucky and catch her on a 'goodwill' day...

23. I think a lot of it is down to how you drive them.