275 Ohlins Ride Height Help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by OiNK, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Hey,

Hopefully one of you more knowledgeable chaps can help me out here. Am I correct in thinking that with the Ohlins suspension from factory on my 275 Cup-S I can only alter the front of the cars ride height?

If that is the case, what is the best way to go about also lowering the rear? I don't want to replace the ohlins suspension itself, but would like the car to sit a little lower all round....

Thanks

2. 89919007ec4d4d38a16e5428cb039a14.png

You can change those collars, which enables you to adjust rideheight

Bear in mind it'll change the geo. You also (probably) want the rear sitting a bit higher than the front. Would suggest going for a full alignment as part of it

3. Hi,

This is for the front only though is it not? I am looking for options of lowering the rear also...

4. Front only however there are some options for the rear. I'm currently calculating the correct RR spring to use with the Ohlins rear seat adjusters.

My main concern at the moment is understanding the movement range of the rear damper, the last thing I want to do is spec a RR spring and seat that goes coil bound or doesn't fully utilise the DFV tech of the damper.

5. Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking as a possibility but don't have the knowledge to pick the right spring etc....

Would be really interested to hear what conclusion you come to mate. Would you be leaving the front spring untouched then and replacing the rear springs to get the desired height?

Sam@NP likes this.
  6. Currently there are two options;

1) Shorter front springs (-10mm) with the same rate allowing a drop of up to -20mm in conjunction with a slightly shorter rear spring and adjustable platform.

2) Shorter and stiffer springs all round with rear adjusters. This option has bigger impacts to bouncy frequencies, pre-load, usable damper stroke etc.

Roberto at Gardus is helping supply some of the key information along with people I know who work for RenaultSport. I've chosen rates and lengths, the last piece of the puzzle is understanding how the bumper and rebound stops work on the Ohlins DFV dampers. If they are solely based on input frequency we are laughing......

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. Sounds a lot more complex than I had imagined lol :smile:

Definitely still interested to hear the final conclusion you come to mate.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RS-C do a kit that lowers them and add's camber adjustment, Not cheap but theres a guy that can run 7.40's at the Ring with the kit on his Ohlins which is impressive for what is still very much a road based damper.

9. Do they have a website Jamie? Have not heard of rs-c before, would be interested in having a look.

10. is there any updates on this thread, would like to know if there is any other aftermarket options than just the RSC kits, they are on there way to a full coiler set up just for the kits

11. http://www.madenoracing.com/performance/

12. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

We supply and fit the RSC Ohlins upgrade kits and have done a couple of cars in the past, @arno samimi

They provide spring perches for the front and rear, stiffer springs, new bump stops, adjustable drop links and camber plates for the front, along with out fitting and set-up service we'd include modifying the strut tops and shimming the rear beam so you get a full 4 wheel alignment and corner weighting included.

This turns the Ohlins from an already capable track set-up, into a far more track focussed car but without really compromising the comfort and road holding of the Ohlins DFV dampers :blush:

13. Does this provide a ride height drop, as they just ride so high standard

What sort of price is the kit

14. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

It does yes, gets the car sat lower and is of course adjustable too so can be tailored to suit each need.

With the current exchange rate and tied into our fitting and set-up package which includes shimming the rear beam, corner weighting, and doing a full 4-wheel alignment and set-up the price would be around the £2200 mark (would have to confirm but that's ballpark).