Noise from grooves discs on 265?!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Nicholas Weston, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Hi guys, as per the thread really, is it normal to get noise under medium to heavy breaking on a 265 with the standard Brembo grooves discs?
    It's like a whirring noise that gets louder the harder you stop.
    I've read some forums saying it's normal for cars with grooved discs, however, my last car, Clio 200 made no noise and neither did an Sti I had a few years ago.
    The discs seem fine and I swapped out the pads that were on the car (Pagid) thinking that could be the cause. Put in new Brembos all round today, still get the noise. Stopping power is fine though.
    Any thoughts? Ta.

2. Did you do the pad swap yourself and is noise exactly same as before? Also bit tricky without hearing sound, there is normally an element of slight metallic grinning under braking as after all it is friction being caused not sure about whirring though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. No, didn't do the pads myself, my partners father is a mechanic so they are definitely in right (£40 supplied and fitted, bargain!).
    The noise is pretty much the same as before. Hard to describe it really, perhaps I should try and do a video.

4. My 250 did on its original disks, cant say ive heard it since changing disks and pads, then again havent been that to hard of breaking.

5. Just doing a little more research and there are countless threads stating that grooved discs are noisy, so appears perfectly fine. I suppose the main reason for this thread was that my Clio 200 wasn't noisy at all and I don't recall my mums partners 265 making the same noise. Weird!

6. I put grooved on my 275 and they are noisy under medum to heavy braking, like you are going over a rumble strip. Perfectly fine.

7. Mine is noisy also where as my previous Nissan wasn't with grooved discs.

8. Fair enough, seems a bit of a lottery!