Newbie questions

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by JamR, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Hi .

Having mine just over a week now and getting to love it ... I’m quite impressed with its abilities and how much fun it is to drive , i don’t know if it’s just new car syndrome or not but I tend to pick it over my other cars at the moment ...

I have a few questions if someone can help pls

1 . What’s the best oil to use when I’m using it for track days .. I like to change the engine and gearbox oil regular.
    2. Best place to buy genuine Renault parts from rather than Renault main dealer ?
    3. Any tips on basic dos and don’ts

Thanks very much for any advice

All the best
    Jason

2. 1..I have always used the recommended Renault synthetic engine oil for my R26,on track and fast road..engine never uses a drop between services.In regards to the box..i have only changed mine once..not something you need to do a lot..Renault actually dont have a service interval for changing the gear oil.But when i did mine,again,i used the recommended Renault gear oil.

2..ADS on here advertises as RPD..he is very good on genuine Renault prices.
    MISTER AUTO is a french company many have used on here for other steering and suspension parts..massivly cheaper than Renault,with the parts being made by the original manufacturer for Renault.

The R26 is a pretty rugged car that will take a lot of track abuse.
    Most people now are doing a suspension and steering refresh with geometry check at the age of the cars now.
    Makes a HUGE difference to handling.

The R26 is one of the best cars ever to throw down a B road,so if it isnt handling..somethings wrong!

If you are tracking it,big improvements can be had from the brakes...Brembo Blanks are very cheap,quality fluid like Motul and a top performance pad like PF or CARBOTECH will give you huge confidence on the brakes.

3. Thanks for the info mate ...

Got the traders info as I can’t find them ... want to spend some money

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

FYI Ads is not RPD.

Paul Temperton is the man you want to speak to, He runs the RPD forum/facebook side of things and is the guy to get stuff from. Ive spent ridiculous amounts with them, Top guys