New rs owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Dazman, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Hello
    Just recently got myself an rs 250 61 plate
    Absolutely love it
    I'm from Kent
    Will likely be keeping it stock for now but will certainly be using the forums to get loads of ideas and advice
    Daz

2. Welcome.

Plenty of info on here. Get some pics up when you have chance

3. Welcome!

Best thing you can do is a middle silencer delete. Best £50 I've ever spent on a car.

4. Will hopefully get some tomorrow after a good clean,
    Really how much difference does the silencer delete make, my last car was really loud so don't want it to be as loud as that :tearsofjoy:

5. Silencer delete hardly changes the volume but in sport mode it will give a few more pops and bangs from the exhaust.

what my 250 sounds like with the delete, although mine has been mapped to 303 bhp but not sure that would have any effect on the exhaust + this is recorded 2 feet away :smiley:

edit: Oh and welcome! :smiley:

6. That does sound nice, there's me saying how im not gonna mod it for a while and now I'm debating it already :smilingimp:
    Might consider getting this done sooner than expected, I have a bluefin that came with the car which claims to map to 270 odd but got no dyno test to prove how much it does
    I'm gonna look through the forums at exhaust options :tonguewink:

7. There she is DSC_0252.JPG DSC_0255.JPG

8. Load the standard map, and bin the bluefin, there crap. Get it properly mapped.

9. What makes you say that?

10. Plenty of cars on here and other renault forums, crap gains, and not fueling right. One on here gained about 20bhp getting it proper mapped over a bluefin.