New RenaultSport Megane

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Semtax, Dec 14, 2016.

1. That air intake at the door ... where's that for ... rear passengers airco? :smiley:

2. Let's hope at least one of those events is worth it then.

mattyw likes this.
  3. Article on Autoexpress, for what it's worth, says reveal in September.

4. Auto Express sure do love a Photoshop. I think that looks pretty poor myself. Aspects of the Clio RS are kind of clumsy somehow. I really hope the Meg isn't the same but I suspect it might be.

5. Been talking to a salesman at Renault a fair bit recently and he keeps asking about my view on the 5-door body-shell for the new Megane RS. He actually probably has a stronger opinion of the negative impact this will have on sales here than do I.

I get a real sense that he thinks this will be a disaster, sales wise.

6. What does your salesman friend class as a sales volume success?
    Sales of the 250/265/275 in the UK have been very low.

Is he basing that just upon it being a 5 door?
    For a 5 door I think it looks great, especially if the renderings are anywhere near as shown.

If the Clio is anything to go by it has outsold previous versions globally, so if that's repeated then Renault probably won't be too bothered because a few 3-door only UK based won't buy because it's only 5-door - there are probably as many that want a 5-door and couldn't get one previously.

If it drives as well as the current model, is available as a manual then it's what I'll replace the Cup-S with eventually.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  7. Yes, just on being a 5-door. That seems to be the opinion he infers when he asks people like me who have bough mk3 RS from him.

He seems quite downbeat about it tbh. Same when I asked i they were getting an Alpine in (which they are), but how did they hope to compete with Porsche if it retails at £40k.

He's normally really positive and 'salesmany'!

8. Sounds like he needs to get a new job.
    I have high hope for the new RS and the Alpine looks amazing. Hard sale over a Porsche admittedly, but there are buyers out there and it's different to the run of the mill Cayman you see round every corner.
    Not sure how many Alpine's will come to the UK, huge initial uptake from mainland Europe as the brand still catches huge cult following.

9. He doesn't need a new job, just some decent Renaultsport products in the showroom to sell.

10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

11. Cool video - hope it's worth it.

12. First public appearance confirmed by Jeremy (on Renaultsport forum) at Monaco on Friday.
    Officially unveiled at Frankfurt in September.

Love the video.

13. that was pretty cool

14. Yeah, they're saying as much on twitter now.

15. So Sept to find out what it's really about.

Sort of already know the looks.

16. Hulkenbergs driving it not Palmer. Renault obviously want it back in one piece.

Feirny, Ian Hughes and Dubz like this.
  17. But September is ages *stamps feet* let's hope it's worth it

18. September's fine if it's at the dealer too ...

19. Jeremy has said on sale 2018 all along, so I doubt it.

20. NJH

NJH

LOL. Honestly unless Honda start finding the ponies and reliability sharpish I can see Alonso replacing Palmer back at Renault. He has been pretty useless thus far this season and must be looking like a certainty to loose his seat.

21. Seems very likely this won't be on sale in september

Attached Files:

22. So will the Monaco reveal be the production ready version or a close concept which will slightly change by the September launch? You can only reveal something once surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Well ... probably RenaultSport will showoff the new Megane RS like they did last year with the Clio RS16. Giving themselves time till Frankfurt to update / mage changes to the car.

24. I'll wager that the Monaco car will be a 'finished' pre-production car that has been more or less hand built.

The design will now be signed off but the work to get this pre-prod car built on the assembly line will take until the end of the year, at which point they will take orders but still won't have cars in showrooms. Deliveries to start early 2018.

MilosB likes this.
  25. That makes sense

lok101 likes this.
  26. Let's see how much of an event Renault makes of this at Monaco.

28. Who saw it? Still covered up a bit and mic's were shit so couldn't hear hardly anything

Hopefully photos coming

29. Silly yellow cammo nonsense on it. Sounds like very much like dual clutch

[​IMG]

Nigelo likes this.
  30. Looks to have a good posture from that picture.

31. More of a side view. Those camo lines make it very blurry for a lot of the video.

[​IMG]

32. Styling looks safe from that angle, hoping it's just the camo

Nigelo likes this.
  33. Pretty subdued styling which some might like. Still think the Mk3 has the looks.

How this 5 door actually drives, performs and is priced will be the make or break.

Nigelo likes this.
  34. From the sounds of the shifts, dual clutch version I think. Really hoping the arch extensions give some more purpose to the styling once the camo is taken off as that seemed quite 'reserved' shall we say?

35. Dct confirmed as an option

36. Well option is cool as least it gives the choice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37. On the press shot with hulk the intercooler looks promising - also 2 different alloys on the shots of the 2 cars

Sales in q1 2018

38. Just re listened to the stream of it on track, if you crank it up loud it has the a45 bangs when it shifts

39. Link please.

Another shot below:
    DAwN8QcXcAEitmR.jpg

40. Looks like a fair bit of extra room in that rear arch!