New RenaultSport Megane

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Semtax, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Its got more BHP than that Hyundai that you love so much.

Feirny, BreadvanMatt and lok101 like this.
  2. Right now though, with the rivals now available you need the complete package. Renault are trying to be confident the sharper turn in with 4WS will make a difference. Not so sure.

Remember when the Clio 200T came out, all a bit underwhelming and then the much later Clio 220T Trophy sorted some of those issues. Sounds familiar here. The 300 bhp Megane Trophy with even more attitude is what was needed from day one.

3. The problem is some people only have experience gathered from Google and youtube. Real world experience is what matters. I am sure Renault have done a fine job on the new car. It is very normal for the sexier high spec cars to follow on later.

4. Didn't realise you had real world experience and had actually driven this new Megane........

5. Lol, most people learn from history. The only hatch that bombed a bit was the clio but it's still a good car and still quick on a track if you can drive. I am confident this new RS will be decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynchy1975 likes this.
  6. Never even seen one. But I don't spout off all the time as if I am the know it all expert

CraigCup-S and sunnylunn like this.
  7. He's been telling us how it will be for months and then says that, oh mate

evojkp, BreadvanMatt and Cazper like this.
  8. Classic isn't it...

9. Please leave him alone. He likes a Hyundai .. that's punishment enough.

10. He should bugger off to the Hyundai forum then haha

11. I want to like the Hyundai, externally it's my cup of tea but inside it's a bit of a plastic button-fest....

12. Oh lord, here we go again, time for another episode of the Aerofoil show :tearsofjoy:

The reality is, we didn't actually learn all that much yesterday, other than what it looks like and some power/torque figures that don't actually mean all that much in isolation. Until proper performance data is available and some comparisons have been made, it's still just speculation.

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Don't worry, that show has had its Finale.

CraigCup-S and Cazper like this.
  14. He'll resurface, like a bad sequel to a movie no one wanted.

15. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

He won't, I've had enough. Next profile will swiftly get binned off too.

16. Top man. The guy was a pillock

Gavin. likes this.
  17. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

If anyone spots him reincarnated report the post for us.

Back to the Megane....

Cazper and GrumpyTwig like this.
  18. Oh, has he been banned? Maybe he'll have to go to the Hyundai forum after all!

Cazper likes this.
  19. Biggest dickhead on the internet, bar none

20. Richard Cranium

massivewangers likes this.
  21. I guess everyone knows dacia is actually Renault. I wonder if they will come up with a sporty car with RS like capabilities to mop up enthusiasts at the lower end of the market. I do wonder if they use their old surplus parts stock and technology on those cars. I have not looked up close at one....sorry such a snob haha. They could take the the 275 platform and stick a dacia badge on it and charge 10k.

22. That'll never happen.
    Would be nice though for new buyers!

Can I really feel sad posting something here now, without a certain person forcing his wisdom onto me?
    If so, thanks! @garvin

Gavin. likes this.
  23. I'd buy one for 10k new....assuming it was a 265/275 rs with a dacia badge....soon yank that badge off haha.

I am heading off down the Renault garage to test drive a 265/275 rs on friday so I know if I want one ready for when you lot all upgrade to the new RS

24. dont really know what aerofoil did that was that terrible to warrant a ban.
    A lot of the time he was on the receiving end.
    I know he rubbed a lot of you up the wrong way,but does that warrant a total ban?

Life is full of his type of character..doesnt bother me...If you dont like the comments then just ignore them.
    He never got abusive,just smart arsed.

Nigelo likes this.
  25. it appears he was smart arsed once too often , ruined the forum for me and it appears a lot of others, never helpful or offering any useful advice, just trolling, he's got a lot of previous and has been booted from other forums, someone was going to fill him in when he was trolling FB, he hasn't been on there for a while now : )

Cazper and ultralight like this.
  26. I'd kinda given up because every thread was ruined - all went the same way.

I actually think it's a bit tragic.

27. This will be a vastly improved place without that troll.

28. Anyway back on topic, does anyone have photos of the one in the Evo video with the black wheels? Looks like the cup version rather than the smarter fashion model?

29. I really like it, can't wait to see it in Frankfurt but 280 just won't cut it for me, need a bigger step from the 265. I hope it's a great car, from the sounds of the development (with development continuing) its promising.

if it's recaros sept 18, trophy Dec 18 it gives plenty of time to have the reviews and Renault to react to any negativity/niggles for the trophy - I'm thinking 250>265.

My dealer is waiting on some sales info dates but if you can't ORDER the trophy until Dec 18 I simply can't be assed waiting, that'll be march 2019 before you see it - I'll probably end up in an a45.

30. Oh and nobody has mentioned price, I might stand corrected but from what I read instead of the old

Cup chassis option = lsd and springs and grooved discs etc

It sounds like you have to option

Cup chassis
    Also option lsd
    Also option brake discs
    Etc

Dependant on where they pitch the base price I can see it racking up!

31. A45 and R.S. are hardly direct competitors? In terms of car, subjective performance and price?

32. Oh yeah I completely agree, I just fancy the new Megane or an a45 right now that's all!

rory265 likes this.
  33. Makes sense! Very dependant on driving profile/usage of car. The A45 just doesn't work on tracks!

34. Yeah this will just be a road car, I'd still want the cup chassis though!

Fancy the EDC but it's not clear if you can get LSD with it, if not that's a bummer.

35. Thought the documentation I read online suggested that you can spec Cup with the EDC?

36. Going to have one of these, the more I see the more I like.
    Unfinished business with my Cup-S though, so will place an order for a Trophy in 2 years time.

Cazper likes this.
  37. Im amazed at the amount of guys who would get a car with no idea how it drives. Obviously we will know fairly soon, but some seem to "know" that they want to buy it

38. I am guilty of having pre ordered motorbikes with never having ridden them over the years, read reviews that say they are the mutts nuts so my view was if they are good enough for the bike reviewers they will be good enough for me. I guess if you have confidence in the manufacturer they usually come up with good products these days (japanese and german that is)

39. The A45 AMG is a nice car, quick car too. Again I've had a spirited drive with one and the Trophy did keep up although the extra power in the merc was evident. Apparently they get boring quickly though. That's the problem. A lot of these super fast machines have the instant wow factor and the novelty quickly fades, whereas the (certainly current megane) is a car that delivers smiles regularly and you get a good buzz whenever you drive it. I normally change cars every year as I get bored quickly but coming into almost three years with my Trophy and I still thoroughly enjoy it. It just feels so good to drive and all the control weights and seating position and everything about it is spot on really. Hopefully the new one is as good. I kinda think deep in my heart it won't be quite the same but still, I'm hoping renault have created something special. Looks promising anyways!

40. I'm amazed some doubt that a Trophy version of this car won't drive very, very well, or that some, even if it turns out to be the best driving hot hatch to ever be released, wouldn't buy one solely based upon it having two doors too many.

lok101 likes this.