New R26 owner, South Coast

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Rockford, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Hi,

So after hunting for a Clio 200 for a while and having just sold my 360bhp BMW Z4 35i I've just bought a very tidy Meg R26 and thought I'd introduce myself.

I loved my Zed (having owned an E85 and 2 x E89) but the handling was always poor and it just didn't really excite despite quite rapid straight line speed. I commute daily on a motorbike and we have another car for family duties so really the R26 is my weekend toy and ready for the odd track day. I couldn't pass up the addition power of the R26 over a Clio 200 and picked up the car on the weekend :smile:

First impression? Well...she certainly handles well. That bite from the LSD is something special and a huge upgrade for the last few cars I've owned. Straight line pull is decent but a remap is already booked in (does feel quite tame). Standard exhaust is whisper quiet....ive never know a performance car with such a quiet exhaust, definitely need to rectify that. Otherwise plans are for a mostly standard car and to maintain the excellent service history.

I've owned a 172 cup and 182 FF in the past and very happy to be back in a RenaultSport!!

Cheers

2. Where on the South coast?

3. Im in Bournemouth.

4. I'm along the same coast but unlikely to bump in to as I'm in Littlehampton.