New Owner - Couple of questions

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Daniel Godfrey, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Had my 250 a week and really enjoying the car.

A few questions. What boost do they run as standard on the rs monitor? Mine says 1300mbar on WOT.

Also keyless entry only seems to work on the passenger door and not the drivers door? Is there away to reset the system or will it need a new sensor on the drivers door?

I'm going to be changing the front discs and pads in the next few days...... i hope the pins come out!!!

Quick picture ;-)

Attached Files:

2. Hi, I would have a look at getting the door handle off and check connections, otherwise could be faulty sensor

Mrpink can sort you our replacement pins that won't get stuck in

3. Cheers mate i'll whip the door handle off and have a look. So far the pins have come out ok on one side..........

4. Well got all the pins out that was fun.

New discs and pads fitted. New AD08r tyres will get fitted this weekend, then Cadwell Park the week after. Looking forward to see how she performs on track!!!

5. what disc/pad combo did you go with ??

6. I went with plain disc and Z rated pads. Be interesting to see what they are like.

I nearly went for carbotech xp8 but i was worried they would be too good for the AD08r.

7. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

It's odd when I got mine the driver's door keyless would only work maybe 10% of the time. I took the handle off to paint it, didn't even disconnect anything and just took the plastic frame off and now it works every time.

8. the plain disc and Z rate pad are good choice, if for whatever reason not happy skip the XP8 and try with XP10, them and AD08R's are match made for each other

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You can't get anywhere near the potential of XP10s on AD08R [emoji23]

10. which is a good thing, this my second year with XP10 and loving them with Federals, PS4, AD08A, and now Zestinos good to have a pad that dosent run out stopping power

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Why run a pad that just overcomes tyres and triggers abs when you try use them to their full though?

Mega pads but need proper rubber to compliment, other wise it's a waste.

12. Hahaha triggers abs! overcomes tyres! .....what sort car you drivin, suggest some coaching and better understanding how to control motor vehicle, XP10 is mid range pad compared to xp20 or Endless

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

How many trackdays has yours done and what R tyres have you ran on it?

14. Never actually done a track day, what’s it like ? Plus what’s an R tyre does that mean ‘round’

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Come along to Donington on the 13th and teach me how to better control my motor vehicle then, please.

I've obviously been doing it wrong for the past 9/10 years....

16. Yes already booked, look forward to meetin.

-Jamie- likes this.
  17. Well i'm booked on at Cadwell Park on the 13th so i'll report back on how it was with this set up.

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Good stuff, Theres looking like theres a large Megane contingent attending this one, Should be a good day!