New member, 1st french car

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by JordanJ1035, Aug 18, 2018.

1. 7CF4EDE5-0CA1-48D5-ADDF-FB44A1CEEAE1.jpeg new member here, after buying a 250 thought I might join this forum for a bit of advice/offer Mine.

After driving a mk1 225 years ago at work I always said I would buy a Megane Rs simply because of the handling (I also said it was probably the only Renault/french car I would ever buy)

So last Sunday I just bought a Megane 250, nice tidy car, decent spec, good history, 1 owner etc etc,
    Love driving it, every time I drive it makes me smile!!
    No issues with it as such, just a weeping clutch damper, dealer I bought it from is buying the parts for me so no big deal.

I also have a feeling the thermostat is on it’s way out, so I’m going to replace that too, has anybody used aftermarket rather than genuine thermostats?

Looking forward to joining in on some of the forums maybe some car meets at some point!

Leigh likes this.
  2. Hi, not sure if I am having da java, but someone asked about the thermast the other day and we told them to buy oem

3. You might have deja vu, haven’t had much time to browse the forum yet so thought I would ask the question in my post, it’s not a matter of cost just impatience, as I can get a gates one today and fit it this afternoon, but have to wait for an oem one and have to do it next week, so was wondering if anyone had fit aftermarket and had problems

4. Welcome aboard!

JordanJ1035 likes this.
  5. Welcome, #me too :wink:

JordanJ1035 likes this.