265 New Discs/Pads And Ball Joints

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Salty, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

Just had an mot on the 265, did pass but I got advisorys on lower ball joints both sides and discs and pads low.

Question is, is it better to do all the ball joints while your at it? If so is it more cost effective with a new hub or to just use new joints?

Discs and pads wise, I have standard grooved discs and pads, where is the best place to get replacements for discs withe grooved or plain hc.

2. Is it the balljoints in the hub assembly. If it is id change as much as you can afford seen as your splitting so much of it down. Im going to do a full front end refresh after winter just for piece of mind.

3. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

I have the brakes on the shelf, both Brembo plain/grooved, Renault OE plain/grooved and various pads and the pin kits

Can also supply the Renault oe ball joints, and the hubs

Send me a message if want a quote when decided which parts you want to change , cheers

4. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

@Salty get your brakes from this man, and the other bits too TBH. My brakes come from George and his service is absolutely superb. Think I've had brakes for 4 cars from him now, going back about 7 years.

George@RTR Parts likes this.
  5. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

Cheers Greg! Always happy to help mate @Feirny

Feirny likes this.
  6. Always good practise to replace the lot while it's apart. My 225 is having new wishbones, track rod ends, inner arms, drop links, engine mounts, top suspension joints, new braided hoses, dot 5.1,discs and pads fitted on Saturday. Should be like new hopefully...ready for the remap.
    Its a bit costly but if you are going to drive in a 'spirited manner, it has to point and stop how you need it to.