new chapter petrol engine vcr engine

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Guy1, Aug 22, 2016.

1. I found an academic paper about this comparing it to using the Atkinson cycle but annoyingly can't read it as it's behind a pay wall, as that's my main wonder as to how much benefit the complexity provides when compared to the Atkinson cycle which is already in use and can be switched with the Otto cycle with a slightly more complex valve train....

Seems a lot of effort to go to, why not just work more at downsizing engine? We've had 1.6s with nearly 300bhp,

Petrol isn't going anywhere unless the US market changes drastically and the targetted litigation against diesels there has only enforced their love of unleaded.

2. I did read a more in depth article which stated due to cost and the complexity it will be 4 cylinder ready for launch in 2018.

The big plus for me is Infiniti part of Nissan who have a working relationship with Renault so the potential to produce a 2 litre turbo which should hopefully be powerful and secondly have the potential to be frugal seems to tick a lot of boxes.

I suppose we will know more come the Paris motor show at the end of September

3. Very intersting read, thanks for this, i cannot wait to learn more about it