New car possibly

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jambo87, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Right im sort of at the point where im having my head turned towards a new motor, ive narrowed my choice down to 3. Bmw msport 335d, mk2 focus rs and mk7 golf r. Im yet to test drive any of these but wondering if any of u gents have any experience with owning/driving any of these or if yous have any good info on what to look for as a buyers guide.

Cheers

2. Golf r is quick but boring and understeer when pushed and common as you know what, chased a mate in one last month on a twisty B road in my r26, he pulled a little bit out of every corner and on the straights but under braking and round every corner I had to back off to avoid hitting him, considering it has a 60bhp advantage on mine it was poor.

Focus rs good car but can have issues which generally tend to be expensive to fix, two mates have had these, both got broken into, one had an attempted theft and other was stolen then recovered, hold value well but always seemed a bit chavvy to me.

BMW again quick but a bit bland and naff all use in winter unless it’s an xdrive model.

Coming from an rs Megane I think all are going to feel a bit boring.

3. Haha so not much positivity towards these 3 mate. The bmw would be the xdrive version but with 310bhp standard with a good map that would be fun with all the torque increase. I get what u mean about the focus been chavvy but i like the blue colour which is a bit more subtle then say the green and with the golf had a couple of blasts against them in the meg albeit dual carriageway/straight roads and pulled everytime from them but i would imagine again with a few mods and a map they could be serious quick cars, but would defo have to test drive dsg and manual

4. Yeah straight line golfs are quick and can be made 400bhp pretty easy but you’ll need some serious chassis tweaks to get anywhere near the handling of a meg, drive them all and see what you think.
    The trouble is the Megane is such a good all round package few other cars can match it!