New 275 Cup-S Owner!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Alex_6n2, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Hi there,

Just arrived home having put my deposit down for a 275 Cup-S, so decided to sign up to the forums! Should be a good step up from my Clio 182 which has started to feel a little long in the tooth hah

I specced mine (eventually...) as follows:

Titanium Grey
    Keyless Entry/Go
    R-Link Media System

Spent quite some time deliberating over the Recaros, but having sat in both I personally find the standard seats more comfortable. I also thought the Alcantara steering wheel was horrid, and I'm sure it won't last as long as the leather. Wasn't convinced the Ohlins were worth the price tag having driven both back to back, and the additional maintenance required also put me off. Akraopovic exhaust was a real sticking point though! Sounds great but eventually I decided the additional cost wasn't worth it.

Stuck with the standard 18" wheels as I'm not a fan of the 19's. Not sure how much impact this will have on road holding, but really didn't like the design.

Delivery is expected in May, until which time I need to try and not wish my life away haha!

Cheers
    Alex

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Welcome along, so the main things for me that make the car you've not had, hope you've made the right decision when it comes to selling it, sorry but those are the 3 main things I'd of insisted in having.
    Ohlins
    recaros
    Titanium exhaust

3. I've ordered one aswell mate. Can't wait. Mine not due till end of May. I've specced the ohlins, akra and recaros. R link and v2 monitor. I test drove standard cup chassis and was very impressed. Took it to Wales and it was go cart like. Much sharper feel and incisive responses to turn in than my current mk7 golf r.

4. Proper spec

5. Lol. The chaps first post and you give him a kicking.

Ohlins dont provide much more in addition to the Cup chassis.
    Recaros are nice but don't suit everyone - new or used.
    Titanium exhaust is an extravagance from a performance perspective.

Extras also depreciate with age.

6. Each to their own!

7. Not entirely. Everything is down to personal preference right?

Why would I spend money on something that I personally don't think is worth it?

I'm not going to be tracking the car a lot and after an hour in both a standard cup-s and one with the Ohlins, there was very little (if any) difference to me. If the Ohlins were electrically adjustable, then it would have been a different story.

As I pointed out, I found the standard seats more comfortable than the Recaros.

Yes these options would make the re-sale value marginally higher, but at an equivalent % to the additional outlay? I don't think so.

8. Evo did a back to back test with the ohlins and didn't find a massive difference. They gave 0.2 seconds off lap times and that was about it. I'd of had the recaros though just for looks! The acrapovic can be added late if you decided you wanted it though! Lovely car though I'm sure you'll love it!

9. Very few of the trophies I've seen for sale have the ohlins and I've no doubt there's very little in it compared to the cup chassis. Great cars with either set up

10. Yes their a lovely car, but most people who buy that type of car buy them for the pure thrill of driving cos your a car enthusiast, so I'm baffled as to why you have left the best bits off the car that make the thrill of driving into the thrill of driving.

11. Pretty sure you're not understanding my point

I'm saying those options added NOTHING to the thrill of driving a 275 Cup-S, to me

They might for you and they might for somebody else, but not me.

12. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, like I say lovely car

13. Great choice! I love the little Union Jack in the Cup S on the Aero blade. Great little touch.

14. OP, great choice, and I'm with you on the spec - anything to keep the costs down - the basic car is so good it doesn't need many options.

The trouble with this site is there are people who will put your car down because it is the newest thing, and therefore 'better' than theirs. A lot of hate on here tbh.

Welcome to rsmegane, post some pics when the you get the car, and honestly, you'll love it whatever the spec - they're fing great :smile:

15. +1 these are the main things I would want for when it comes to buy my next Meg but it's a personal choice.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  16. http://youtu.be/nCJQ6GxfwFc the YouTube vid mentioned earlier

17. Photos please when you've got it bud.

18. I just think if it were me I'd regret not having them, especially the recaro seats, if anything there a must have , if I were buying second hand I'd not look at one without, yes there is an arse for every seat, you just may have to wait a little longer to find someone who wants a poverty spec car, it's a shame cos like you say they are an incredible car out the box and yes you don't need them but just nice to have them, on a car like that they should all be standard and just put the price up.

19. It's like the R26.R, it should of come with Ti system not an option, it what helps make it, it should just be fitted as standard same as the cage.

20. Yeh, disappointing performance advantage isn’t it.

Only 0.4 second a lap improvement and that is from an Ohlins sponsored video. It’s a lot of money for not much gain over a Cup chassis.

[FONT=&quot]
    What they don’t tell you is the longer term durability and maintenance issues. [/FONT]

21. How many people buy a car purely on what the 2nd owner thinks? You should buy a car and spec it how you like!

Welcome!

22. Nice spec, awesome car and sure you will enjoy it :smile:

Just my two cents ... I spec'd the Ohlins ... played with them a handful of times in the last year, if that ... probably regret spending the two odd grand on them to be honest and really, day to day I wouldn't worry about not having them.

I got caught up in the magic of it all :blush:

23. Welcome ,your car , your choice and spec ,just how you want it .don't forget your pics when you get it.

24. Sounds fantastic!! I bet you can't wait!

Very jealous, get some pics up when you can :smile:

25. Sounds great, you'll love it!

I picked mine up last week in Titanium Grey, it's a lovely colour and has a nice blue hue to it at time.

I also didn't go with Recaro's as I found the standard seats more than comfortable, I won't be tracking it, and it's my daily. Your car, your choices with how you spec it :wink:

26. Id have to have the recaros and akra,

Onlins not fussed, but all helps is suppose. But since poor I'll look on in envy :-)

Welcome ;-)

27. The Cup chassis seems to be the big draw come resale time.

28. For me it's cup chassis and recaros

Turns out my recaro'd cup was only one of 11 in capsicum red which is madness IMO.

29. Yeah colour choice is a bit different I think

I chose Titanium Grey because I'm weary of my car being targeted by Students/Idiots. TG is a good balance between a subtle colour and something that's also appealing.

If it was Liquid Yellow or Flame Red (Both of which I love), I think the chance of someone keying it/kicking the wing mirrors/running over the roof would be considerably higher.

30. I couldn't agree with you more. Second hand buyers have sometimes slightly different motivations and one of them is track use or perhaps more spirited use so that's right up their street.

31. Well, I got a call from the dealer today and my car is officially in the UK :smiley:

It's a few weeks ahead of schedule which is awesome news, as now I can take it with me on a road trip to Ecuyers on 27th May (http://www.circuitdesecuyers.com/)

Should be a week or so for the car to make its way to the dealer ready for collection apparently. Exciting times!

32. Brilliant mate, glad for you.

Where's that circuit at? I had a very quick look but Je ne parle pas français.

As per, get some pics up once here :smile:

33. North East France. I work around the corner from there every other week. Clastres is a
    better circuit though and probably cheaper...www.circuitdeclastres.com

34. MBC

MBC

Hello and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35. Nice choice of car, welcome along fella.

36. Yeah we're doing Clastres on the Sunday

Ecuyers has a track day on the Friday and we wanted to be near Epernay and Reims for most of the weekend

37. Last edited: May 4, 2016
  38. Yeah, it's a nice part of the world to be in for the weekend too!

39. bet the wait is torture lol...but will be worth it. Will look forward to seeing a few pics :cool:

40. Well, mine arrived on Friday :smiley: Went and took a few pictures with my sisters other half. He drove back from Spa to come and check out the Megane.....
    13232895_10153976049561348_1111451940303041539_n.jpg 13238938_10153976049681348_8841839816035769451_n.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    evojkp likes this.