New 265 Trophy owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Rod_Hagerty, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Hello guys how's it going? Been reading this forum for a while and had not created an account cuz I still didn't have the right to be in it. Things have changed and I am not just weeks away from collecting my very first Renault Megane RS 265 Trophy *pearl white*. I currently live in Santiago, Chile. Have had many different vehicles throughout my time. But I have been wanting one of these little karts for a while now. I opted for getting this platform particulary instead of the new GT platform (just hasn't sanked in my head, this new version of the model)
    First mod on its way: Powerflex bushings all round.

Hope to be an addition to this forum, and hope to receive good feedback from all of you.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Hi Rod - of course you have the right to be here, even if you haven't got a Megane yet - no worries.

I've not heard a lot about Renaults in Chile. Is it a popular brand there?

Post some pictures up in here when you get the 265 :grinning:

Welcome to RSMegane.com

3. Hey man thanks for the open arms. yea it's quite a popular vehicle.
    As soon as i get my hands on the car, I will def be making an update.
    Cheers!

4. Sorry it's been a while since I last got in touch with all of you. But I do have to inform that I have collected my brand spanking new Renault Megane RS 265. :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    First off, I want to be totally sincere. I was freaking nervous when I went to the dealer to pick it up. At first I saw it covered in a red tarp where I got a little glimpse from those wonderfully spec'd out wheels.
    Once that tarp came off, I was in awe from the fantastic looking front this little track monster's got.
    First initial sensation in the drivers seat was that of a dream come true. You guys can't even imagine how thrilled i was at the moment where i had to start the engine up and visualize those revs go up for the "first time" in my possession.
    This car is fantastic. It truly is, i love it. First 30 KM of driving this thing has been nothing but excitement. Sure I can't put my foot down just yet but am really looking forward to doing so in the next couple of weeks (1.000 kms mark can't come soon enough). I do have to adjust myself to the R-link system which i find to be very confusing at times. I come from different platforms which have never been as confusing haha.
    Hope you guys like my first pics. Need to take this bad boy to get a pro detail shortly. I will keep you guys up to date.

First order of business:
    • Install Powerflex bushings

Attached Files:

Genty likes this.
  6. Good passion for the Meg there Rod :grinning: Sounds like you are enjoying it.

ANy questions about the R-link - post 'em up and we'll do our best to help mate.

7. very nice car, cool

8. Awesome car Rod! Isn't collecting a new car a great thing Glad you're loving it.

RLink is a bit confusing but you get used to it. The "favourites" button is really helpful. I set that up straight away and it's really useful for most commonly used contacts/nav/radio.

9. I know I probably should post this into a new thread but just wondering since I'm still new to this Forum. What are your opinions concerning the break-in period for our cars. I have put 346 kms on the odometer as of today. Been driving it quite normal, 50% throttle not passing 4k rpms. Been planing on starting to give it some more momentum since I will be getting the oil changed at the 1000km mark.
    As users and owners. Should I just let it rip or do i keep grinding my teeth and bitting my lip just waiting for the break-in period to end.

Thanks!

10. i would gradually let the revs rise every 100ks or so to allow the engine to rev up under no load acceleration.....eg from 500 to 600mls then let the car rev to say 4.5k as an example then from 600-700 let it rev to 5k, but gently letting the revs rise to that value when accelerating gently every now and then.....that is what i have done but you would need to work out the steps of revs and mileage to suit your run in period.

11. Hi there guys. Been a long time since I last posted on here.
    Been dealing with a whole bunch of new things in my life (getting married), which is a whole new domain for me.
    Well I just wanted to update a bit on what has happened in the last year.
    Today my car has finally hit 10000 kms for which I decided to do a few minor fixes. Did notice that when I am WOT with the new intake, it feels as if the car was loosing boost or maybe just not holding it the same way the standard airbox did. I can assume that this will be fixed once i get it pro tuned.
    Any suggestions are more than welcome. :grinning:

UPDATES
    KTR INLET PIPE
    ITG INTAKE KIT
    WEICHERS STRUT BAR

Waiting on:
    CGR Sports Cat
    RS TUning remote map
    Powerflex Black Series bushes
    Ferodo DS2500 brake pads

Everthing has been installed at a proper garage here in Santiago, Chile.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl6SwXcntzd/?hl=es-la&taken-by=proracechile

Attached Files:

Mish View likes this.