New 2007 Renaultsport Megane owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Jaydr, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Hi all

This is my first time owning a Renault and personally, I hate the standard version of this car but the r.s. version is a totally different beast!

My car is a 2007 r.s. 225 lux and shes in nice condition for her age and has been very well maintained. Other than a remap she's totally standard

Anyway enough rattling on about myself. I look forward to getting to know you all and learn a lot more about this underrated car!

Cheers
    Jay

Attached Files:

Jamesycc likes this.
  2. Hi and welcome Jay
    and enjoy, we do :laughing:

3. Thanks Ian I intend to!

One question though, is it just me? or is first useless on these cars?

4. It get you off of the line :laughing: then smack it straight into second and off you go, if i am moving at all it's second gear

5. Mine just seems to go straight into wheelspin but after that it's just pulls like a train! I came from a diesel pug I spent a ton on modding it which I thought was pretty nippy but this Renault is on another planet

6. welcome....modding a diesel Pug...wow

7. When you start modding the megane then you will know what you have been missing :laughing: what power does yours have

8. Apparently the lad I bought it off said it's was mapped to around 260-265bhp but that's all I know about it. I'd like to just do mods that improve the sound of it, but keep it as close to stock as possible. or make it so any mods are totally reversible so I'm open to suggestions if you have any?

9. Thanks Cazper, yeah I spent a ton of money on the pug 307 d-turbo I had. Mods included

Stage 2.5 remap with launch control, Fmic, lowered 40mm front 70mm back with shorter dampers, de-cat and removed dpf, 3 inch exhaust, single mass flywheel conversion, BMC induction kit, mk2 rear lights etc etc

And after all that.....155bhp and 350nm of torque! Lol

10. Welcome.

Ive driven the standard megane and it was God awful but the RS is on a different planet.

First is a bit useless. Best mod I've done to mine was a short shift mod to reduce the gear lever throw. It's well worth it. There's a difference between the phase one and phase two mod. The phase one is very simple to do, the phase two (yours) is a little more expensive as there's a bit of machining to do.

@andrewjeffs used to do the mod. There is an engine dynamics one online for about £100 but not sure how well these work.

Jaydr likes this.
  11. Hi james

I thought about the short shift mod as I've noticed if you get try to go through the gears quickly, I find 3rd can be missed (probably just me to be fair) but is it a difficult job or something you can do at home?

12. It can be done at home depending on your tinkering skills. If your fairly confident on the spanners then it's easy enough. Third is a bit vague ask @RMDavis, he noticed it too before he modded his.
    Engagement is much crisper with the shorter throw.

As I said the phase 2 is a bit trickier and more expensive but still worth the money. There maybe someone selling one on here.

You'll need to remove the battery, battery tray and airbox to get to it but this only takes about 20 minutes.

Google megane225 short shift mod. For some reason I can't save any images. It all makes sense when you see the images.

13. I'll have a nosy at it sounds like a good idea to do the mod.

I did have one question...it looks pretty tricky to change the air filter under the bonnet. Do I have to remove the battery to do it? And if I do, is there a procedure to do it? (on my pug you had to open the bonnet and the drivers window and wait for the computer to go into sleep mode)

14. Yep it's a battery out job. Battery tray too. Once that's out there's plenty of access.

15. You mean is it battery out for the air filter, wouldn't know mines got an induction kit :-D

16. Yeah that's what I meant just to replace the filter in the box for now but eventually I'll get an induction kit for it.

But about the battery removal, can I just disconnect or do I have to wait for the cars ecu to go into sleep mode?

Jamesycc likes this.
  17. I just disconnected it. Once to do the the mod and a second time to remove the steering wheel airbag to fit my omp wheel.

You may find the window switches don't do the one touch up or down after you've put the battery back in straight away but they usually pop into life quickly.

I did read if you hold them both in the up position for 15 seconds that sorts it but mine worked within 20 minutes of driving without me doing anything.