Need to borrow a set of wheels

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Pipe & Slippers, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Is there anyone not too far from me (Aldershot) with a full set of wheels & tyres they could lend me for a week or so while I do a bit of work on my car?

Doesn't matter what they're like or what state they're in - I'm not planning to drive anywhere, I'd just rather leave it sat on wheels than up on jack stands. My road has quite a severe camber, so it's not ideal for lifting all four corners of the car and it makes life easier if I can have all the wheels off at the same time.

Cheers

2. Dan

Dan

I maybe able to help...

I have just bought a set of lightweight wheels (for the winter) but they have crap tyres (the make not the condition), let me see when I can pick them up!

I'm in Surrey.

Dan

3. Cheers Dan.
    If it works out, I can collect them and drop them back to you. Should only need them for a week.
    Let me know if it's convenient.

4. Dan

Dan

I will try and sort it ASAP.

I have been told they will fit my .R, there from a RS250.

Will keep you up dated,

Dan

5. I thought the mk2 and mk3 had different pcd ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. yeah they do have different pcd's, mk2 are 5x108 and mk3 are 5x114.3 so they wont fit?

7. Dan

Dan

8. Liking those rims, shame they don't do them in 19"

9. Dan

Dan

Hoping they fit.. Am going to have them in Matt Black..

10. Yea pretty sure they won't fit mate , nobody has ever fitted mk 3wheels to a mk2 ....

If they did fit every body would be doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

11. Dan

Dan

I am not paying much for them.. So only one way to find out!

If not, I will pop them for sale on here!

12. Did they fit?

13. Dan

Dan

Hi,

Not picked them up yet.. Should be this week.