R26 Mintex M1144 on track

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by NJH, Jul 4, 2017.

1. NJH

NJH

..are total pants, go off just as fast as standard pads. The only difference is the one go at hard braking has a really nice bite to it. Next time I went for the middle pedal it was like pushing into a block of wood matched by way to little retardation. Unbelievably disappointing. Had to manage the brakes all day which meant braking 100ft early at the end of the long drag at Thruxton, even then 10 to 12 min of session and they were going off again. Also boiled the RBF660 out of the reservoir over the day, haven't lost much fluid just a trickle.

Oh well I will have to try DS1.11 or one of the PFC race compounds next, then probably some proper cooling as boiling the fluid out of the reservoir is something my race car does but that is on tracks with heavy braking like Silverstone, shouldn't be doing that at Thruxton with its 1 big stop and 1 short stop per lap.

Had an awesome day otherwise, always amazes me this car.

2. Ds1.11 are okay lots and lots of dust, tried CL6 and 8's both very good CL8's are cheaper than the 6's :confused: both great on the road as well, i am currently on PF z rated, great value for money needs a slight warming up on the road to work great, never had fade on any of the above, next to try is Endless pads but waiting for my plain disc's to be drilled. :sunglasses:

NJH likes this.
  3. NJH

NJH

Well I have driven the car around on the road a few times now with the DS1.11, bedded them in as per instructions and I have to say I really love them. Bizarrely a much better road pad than the M1144, much smoother coming on and releasing, no grabbing, incredibly linear modulation and once bedded barely any noise! Dust is pretty awful though like you said Ian, just a drive to work and back ends up with the wheels covered in dust, its almost comical.

My god my fluid was a state, came out black from all but one calliper side on the front where it came out milky. Used both new bottles of RBF660 to do the bleed.

Can't wait to get the car on track again, the DS1.11 feel like a trail brakers dream, if they can take the heat (I suspect they will no bother) then they will be my favourite pad ever as they are not as hard and grindy as the Pagid Yellows.

4. As said before, DS1.11's were the first ones i tried and yes they were great, but the PF z rated for the money are no brainers, so once you have worn them out give them a go, my next ones to try are "Endless pads" they came highly recommended but arn't cheap :openmouth:

5. Running Endless Endurance compound on another car. Don't try them or you'll be spoilt for life. They last ages too, so that compensates on the cost front.

6. I use the ds 1.11 much better and last much longer than the ds2500s. Saves money as the 2500 only lasted 1.75 trackdays whereas the 1.11 seem to last 3 or 4+ x longer

7. That's what i am hoping for :sunglasses:

8. got the ds2500 in the back of my R26..
    really dissapointed in them..groaning as bad as the crappy yellowstuff that was in there before, after 1 hard stop.

Carbotech xp8 up front..as usual, epic.

Cazper likes this.