Mikeyjp's Megane 250 - Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Mikeyjp, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Would be interested to hear how easy it is to fit the top mount insert and what work is involved? Thanks.

2. I must admit I won't be fitting it, but I imagine it would be a jack under the engine to take the weight off the mount and then lube it up and insert it :flushed:

3. Thanks, wow, it is that easy? I’d assumed it was a mount-out and disassemble job.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mount needs to come out to fit it, there isn't any room to do it in situ and the header tank is in the way

Mikeyjp likes this.
  5. It came with these instructions, but does not say if you can do it on or off the car

[​IMG]

Space Cadet likes this.
  6. Thanks!

7. Popped off the broken indicator lens today, will order some silver indicator bulbs to go in at some piont

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I can guarantee you the mount needs removed to fit it [emoji23]

Mikeyjp likes this.
  9. Well after thinking i was going insane for last couple of weeks, i have now disabled the stupid setting that makes your music get louder as you drive faster and also found the Random play option :smiley:

10. Wing mirror indicator bulbs came today, looks like its going to be raining all day, will have a go tomorrow

[​IMG]

11. Thought i had killed the car on the way home, turns out i must not have pushed the pipe back onto the sound generator properly last time i was looking at removing it. I have now fitted the bung, and will be leaving the sound generator in place, as it seems a bit pointless removing it.

Fingers crossed for a dry day, and then i can get the beast washed and fit the silver vision indicator bulbs in the wing mirrors

12. Well the dry day turned up :tongueout:

From this...

[​IMG]

And now this :smiley:

[​IMG]

Also got a bag of LEDs to do the interior lights and maybe number plate light, not sure if i want them mega bright

[​IMG]

13. Made a start on the Interior lights, could not work out the glovebox one? :worried: and will order some new rear number plate holders as the current ones have seen better days

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

A few pics of the Roof light unit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20170330_145302_zpsqp4db97t.jpg

14. Did you get any issues with the leds stopping on in the interior?

15. Will keep an eye on it, been OK today

16. Where did you get your leds from? The ones ive tried on the inside just dont seem to full go off, so i have had to partly use blue halogen bulbs

17. How did you get on with the gearbox mount and engine mount insert? Long story short I'm thinking of fitting the gearbox mount, but the engine mount insert is so relatively cheap that I could also fit that if you think it was worthwhile?

18. Still not got them fitted, I am gathering parts still, and will get my car serviced, mot, and then get all the mounts and springs fitted

19. Thanks, let us know when you do.

20. Grabbed myself a pair of rear number plate holders, should have chance to fit them Wed

[​IMG]

21. Sorted the number plate lights, and fitted the LED's

Old ones

[​IMG]

New ones, will try and get a nighttime pic at some point

[​IMG]

22. Ordered some new plates and fitted them today, will keep the old plates for MOT's

[​IMG]

23. Also booked the car in for the following

MoT
    Service
    Upper engine insert
    Upper 275 gearbox mount
    M12 bolt
    Vibra Lower gearbox mount
    Cooksports
    Mr Pink pins

Will have to wait until may the 11th, busy garage :worried:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  24. Quick pic of the LED rear number plate lights :smile:

[​IMG]

25. Where did you order the LED conversion lights from pal??

Edit, nevermind.. i just cant read obviously :tearsofjoy:

Mikeyjp likes this.
  26. Added a red stripe the front blade, not sure if it is going to stay :tongueout:, but i am quite liking it

Does the bottom lip spoiler unscrew from the bumper? not had chance to look yet, but going to look at spraying it

[​IMG]

27. Im still out on the red strip, dont know if i want to try it or not.. toyed with the idea for a while now!
    Easy to do?

28. depends what you call easy to do :tongueout:, took me about 20mins, but if you look really closely, its not exactly even both side, but close enough

29. Thought i would grab a pair of new top mounts, for when i get the springs done. Also picked up some silver vision indicator bulbs

[​IMG]

30. Glad they arrived safely mate

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Mikeyjp likes this.
  31. Silver vision indicator bulbs sorted

Before:

[​IMG]

and After:

[​IMG]

32. MoT today, fingers crosssed :smiley:, should be ok, gave it a quick once over before it went in

33. All passed :smiley:, Just got about two weeks now, to get the other bits done :smiley:

MartijnGizmo likes this.
  34. I ordered the same pack, based on your recommendation.

Fitted them today. Did you have many left over?

I've done the interior roof lights (4), puddle lights (2), side lights (2), boot (1) and number plate lights (2).

I have 3 or 4 unused still.

Mikeyjp likes this.
  35. I did 6x roof lights, 2x puddle lights, 1x boot, 2x number plate, not done the side lights.

36. Mirror lights too lol

37. I looked, I don't think I have any. How do you access them otherwise

38. I thought about doing them, but thought it was a bit pointless, will just keep the others as spares

39. Mirror lights above the sun visors