Michelin ps4s

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by steering, Mar 11, 2018.

1. megane 250 cup, 235/35/19.
    Sidewall flex - slow turn in - the same problem again
    Apart from this, wet grip as well as comfort are unbelievable, it is an awesome rain tyre. But we are talking about sport tyres . My next will be sport contact 6. Honda's choice cannot be so soft.

Bellow, you can read my review as I sent it to tyrereviews.co.uk

" I have already used them for 1000km on dry and wet (fast driving - b roads).
    Compared to my previous rubber (potenza RE 050A), it is a totally different experience. In terms of outright grip, ps4s' are noticeably better in the dry and much much better in the wet. They are much better in terms of ride quality and comfort too..
    BUT, bridgestones are definitely better when it comes to dynamic abilities, such as feedback , turn in, steering response and linearity to your inputs under pressure (above 8/10 ) even though comfort is suffering on bad surfaces.
    Michelin hasn't solved the "soft sidewall issue" of pss even though ps4s has been improved just a little bit. On the other hand, due to the sidewall deformation (variable patch technology etc) they provide such tremendous grip almost everywhere. You can't have it all...
    In conclusion: Ps4s for top grip and ride comfort - Bridgestones for max driver’s pleasure, especially if he loves “off balance” driving.
    "
    "Second thoughts after my initial review... starting to get disappointed a little bit.
    The tyre excells at slow - medium speed corners on low grip surfaces (either wet or low grip dry - old tarmac, very often met in Greece)

But the sidewalls are weak at high speeds (>120 kph)
    The car is bounching - swaying upon the tyres midcorner and the steering feels soft during sudden direction changes.
    I really miss the "stiff" - "direct" feel of bridgestones
    ."

2. sounds fair.
    i think michelin are these days trying to cater for all driving environments,
    where in the past they made tires like the PS2 that was aimed towards handling above everything else.
    And you would think in the grand scheme of things...sell more tires,which is always going to be the bottom line.

I suppose it like what Renault is doing with the RS Megane...moving away from a all out drivers car,to a more rounded package,
    to ultimately sell more cars.