Megane RS doesn't rule anymore

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by dinn, Apr 8, 2014.

1. I heard it had the aircon removed so not exactly a standard car...... Also don't think the performance pack is available in the uk

2. ......and had track performance tyres.....unlike the road tyres the Meg had!!

3. I am over there next week, so will see if I can put renault at the top again.

Assuming i can keep it out of the barriers:blush:

4. It looks like a Tonka toy though!! To be honest Seat hasn't made an attractive looking car since the first Leon Cupra-R!

Let's face it though, RenaultSport will do what they always do when this happens, tweak the current model, release a limited edition and go faster round the ring than it's rivals. Just like they did with the Focus RS and they then release the R26.R.

Wouldn't be shocked if a 265.R appears at some point! :wink:

5. How would a 265.R (or whatever it will be called) affect the R26R prices?

Would it re-focus attention on the older version thus boosting prices, or will everyone now want the new one so the bottom will fall out of them?

6. It will just follow suit like the 5 turbo and the Williams, you can pay a fortune for a good one

7. too rare now for the bottom to fall out. The 265R will also hold value better than a standard one especially if Renault keep the numbers down, that's IF they ever do a 265R

8. What it would affect is 265 Trophy prices.