Megane rs 250 cup low power?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Aaron, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I own a 2011 Meg rs 250 cup and i've had a couple things done to it. I've had a 3" decat downpipe, 3" CAI and a custom Stage "2" dyno tune and car made 200kw = 270 hp at the wheels. Im from Australia and there aren't many on the road and there are only a few that are tuned. Im having a look on forums and online and see that people are making 300hp + easily with the mods that i have. I was wondering if my tune is bad?. The car runs healthy and is taken care of. Kilometres on the car is low aswell.

2. Most people measure the power at the flywheel so 270 at the wheels sound about right.

Aaron likes this.
  3. The difference between engine and wheels isn't too far apart. To be precise car made 280 hp at the engine. Again similar mods to my car people making over 300+ from what I saw and that's a noticeable difference. Thanks for the reply tho cheers.

4. 270 at the wheels and 280 at the fly doesn’t sound right it’s normally around 15% more at the flywheel so would be over 300bhp.