Megane 250 cup comes tomorrow....

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by AaronCousy, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Evening,

So as above I pick up a 2011 Megane 250 cup tomorrow, seems like a reasonably clean car and under 40k miles. Not a great spec car but I don't mind about all that. Low owners and low milage with full service history was my main aim. Also it's fully standard.
    I've just sold my Merc C63 AMG Coupe and wanted a car that i could take to the track and have some fun in.
    If any of you head to cadwell or oulton park often give me a shout!

Here are the first of many questions;

1) How are the cup cars with the h&r springs fitted or is it worth spending the extra on coilovers?
    2) Engine - Without going all the way and forging, what is worth doing if anything at all? Exhaust/Induction/remap ? I'm only 45min drive from RS tuning in Leeds so this is the place i'd be heading.

I will search the site for the answers but if anyone can add the links to anywhere they think may help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Aaron.

Mikeyjp likes this.
  2. Welcome aboard. Get some pictures up when you get it.

The general consensus seems to be the intercooler and map is about enough really. Some people fit a decat and the like, but they don't really lack power as standard. Most people seem to prefer a panel filter to an induction kit, though I like the sound of the induction kit on mine. The standard exhaust isn't very restrictive, but doesn't sound very good. A middle silencer delete wakes it up a bit from a noise perspective.

AaronCousy likes this.
  3. Thanks for the advice, I’ll look into the midsection silencer delete.

Has anyone come across these bonnet side vents before?

Attached Files:

4. So here it is, had a 1 hour drive home in the rain so couldn’t throw it about too much.
    Obviously is a little different to the C63 AMG coupe that I’ve been driving for the last 2.5 years but then again i expected it to be.

I’ve realised stright away that it needs more sound! So the exhaust silencer delete will be getting done ASAP.

Next is coilovers, I hate how high it sits.
    It’s currently on 3 different tyre makes so I’ll be getting a full new set, now do I go semi-slick or Michelin Pilot sport 4’s?
    Also regarding the coilovers, I’ve seen bilstein B14 PSS kit for £870 and also the BC kit at a similar price. Any others that people know about or out of those two have the best reviews?

Pics below, cheers. Aaron

Attached Files:

5. Bilstein kit is still ok on the road,and track.
    Worked wonders on my mates 182.
    Yokohama Ad08R is a nice compromise tyre ,
    that will be epic in the dry,and still usable in the wet.

AaronCousy likes this.
  6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

BCs over the B14s every day of the week, even more so if its ever going to see track time. The Bilsteins are really poorly damped on the Megane kits ime. I'd go as far as saying that the OEM Cup setup is better damped

AaronCousy likes this.
  7. as i said great on my mates turbo`d 182..so much more planted than the standard kit.
    cant comment on the megane,but jamie will have a far better idea.
    So probably better to go for the BC`s.

8. First ‘weight reduction’ task done....

Attached Files:

9. would be my first move as well..
    did the same on my R26..what is it with renault and crappy imitation chrome badges.
    the megane lettering looks like it came from a 1970s austin rover!

10. The MEGANE badge that I took off my car were the same quality as the ones that I took off a BMW

11. i dont mean the quality..i mean the styling.just so out of place on a hot hatch.

12. They do make the back of the car look a bit crap, easy fix though ha ha

13. Black wrap/dip on the Renault badges? The RS Renault Sport badge can also be had in black via FB group going to order one next week

14. Wouldn't mind getting in on that!