Megane 225 Cup - tyre choice

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Neal Butler, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Hello,
    I'm new to the forum as I've just bought a 2007 Megane 225 Cup.
    I'm going to put proper tyres on it and as you'll know the car takes 235/40/18 95 Y XL and while I don't intend to do any track days as they are behind me now I do want good tyres for fast road use on country roads.
    So I'm think of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or Dunlop Sport Maxx?
    I'd be grateful for any advice please.
    Thanks very much,
    Neal

2. I would go with the PS4's they are pretty goood

3. Definitely Michelin Pilot Sport 4, had them on my 2015 Golf GTD & 2013 RS265 Cup. Awesome grip and feedback in all weathers, and pretty good wear rate for the performance they give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks lads. I’m inclined towards the Michelin PS4 anyway it was just that the Cup seemed to come with Dunlop Max when it was new.

5. Definitely go for PS4's, you won't be disappointed. Has Dunlop Maxx Rt's on my Clio 200 when I bought it, they were poop compared to the PS4's.

6. ps4`s about as good as a all round compromise, for all conditions, you can buy.
    Michelin have simply never made a poor sports tyre..even the ps3 was adequate.

7. I swear by avon zz5 tyres.epic value for performance.highly recommend them

8. I’ve just ordered Uniroyal RainSport 3.

If you go for the 225 width, they’re only £58 a corner from camskill!

Obviously they ain’t gonna match the likes of the PS4’s, but for a road car, I’ve had no problems with them.