Matts Red 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by odinson, May 18, 2015.

1. Haha cheers buddy! Huge enkie fan, they have been sent off for sand blasting and a proper refurb so should be on soon

2. Love the wheels what et are they

3. 42 mate

4. nice motor, love the recaros - deffo on the list for my cup!

5. Private plate now on with legal pressed plates [​IMG]

And a sneak peek at my wheels colour, I've not seen them yet and collect them from refurbers tomorrow before I gtechniq c5 coat them
    IMG_20150702_220744_zpsoaqugsmi.jpg

6. Wheels are on but pictures really don't do them any justice. Woke up this morning to find some little fucker stole my bonnet badge.
    IMG_20150704_225510_zpsfc7z9d8y.jpg
    DSC_0552_zpsgh7evtrc.jpg
    DSC_0548_zps34zfihgs.jpg

7. Looks great. Needs dark insert headlights to finish it off now. Superb.

8. Haha I'm on the hunt buddy but no luck so far but thanks bro

9. Is the splitter gloss? It looks superb mate!

Also do you constantly keep the front plate off?

10. Yes mate gloss black and no I don't buddy just didn't have better sticky pads for my new plates, does look good with out one though

11. Yes mate it looks very well that!!! Really does!

12. Looks stunning mate, top work!

13. Thanks chaps, bookee Snetterton for next Wednesday

14. Went for a mental midnight blast with a load of my pals running big power mk5 golf ed30s so in a straight line I was a little under powered but hung on a lot better then I thought but then we found some amazing roads and we'll the french infiltration made the golf's look pathetic
    DSC_0583_zpsr0ea4ouq.jpg DSC_0579_zpsdjpvw7je.jpg
    DSC_0566_zpst0fw1zff.jpg
    DSC_0578_zpsamrvirul.jpg
    DSC_0581_zpss0t0o0ts.jpg

15. KW Clubsports ordered and should be here in 2-3 weeks

16. Wish I could say the same! From where did you order them?

17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Looks great Matt, Those tyres look a bit wide for the rims though?

18. Hope they dont have a backlog... took 4 weeks to get mine.

Did you order from the UK or a Euro distributor?

19. They could probably do with being 225 but the 235 are ok. Im getting them from ktec

20. How much did K-Tec charge? Didn't even know they stock them. Larkspeed are doing them for around £1750

21. Dave matched the price. They don't stock them for the meg but thought I'd ask and he's sorting me out

22. Just bought black cup headlights. Can't justify the black xenons

23. Clubsport's are on my wish list, bet you can't wait to get them on. Black headlights will be well worth it as well.

24. Well excited to get them! Should be here and sorted befor Nurburgring too. Deciding if I need a cae shifter in black haha

25. very nice mate, is the mps yous too?

26. The CAE shifter in black would be awesome too.
    Had one on my old mini and loved how short and positive it made the shift feel.

Still want your wheels!!!

27. Haha you had minis too? I think I recognise your username off MT lol i had 5 r53 last one being 221whp.

Snetterton was eepic and car was amazing, even better when I actually sorted the tyre pressures and managed a 2m 21secs which Is apparently pretty good? Didn't get over taken by anything I wouldnt call a full race car which is great. However on last lap changed down to 3rd (didn't hit limiter) and felt a thud then a vibration and though the box had gone but the gears where still perfect. Got to the pits everything was tight but still hear this horrid vibration under load amd when turning, was told possibly drop link or ball join lt but must say bar the vibration the car was perfect the whole way home!

Any suggestions?

28. Gear box mount? Does it clunk on and off throttle? Been a few of those go and downchanging even just into high revs would be pretty high load so could make sense it'd let go in that situation.

Oh and lap times look about right: http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/snetterton.html

29. wonder if you could get the cae shifter from 250 to work with a 225 box?..
    not seen a 250 to know how different the box/shifter mechanism is... future upgrade i think :wink:

30. possibly, it's hard to tel because everything still feels pretty stiff, the vibration is a lot more noticeable from pull off but shuts up when on motorway. Will get the car on a ramp today and investigate. Oh the car would have gone quicker it's a shame it was only an evening as I was getting a lot faster but traffic was pretty bad after a car dropped fluid and the track was closed then re opened

http://youtu.be/I0fB_h-yLvs
    http://youtu.be/yeI7fIwujOk
    http://youtu.be/otDss5L7P5M

few videos off he go pro

31. Hah I'm an old R53 guy myself. Seems like a natural progression!

Cae shifter looks like a dream indeed. Wish I could justify the money for one already!

When are you heading of to the ring Odinson?

32. It does this is everything the mini was plus more. Just perfect car

33. Black lights in
    AF79BE6B-ACD1-475C-B34C-2D67573A7515_zpsxhwzemnu.jpg
    DEC8A803-90EE-4621-87AC-58C7C23270EC_zpscaj0twjz.jpg

still on the hunt for a bonnet badge if anyone has one

34. Yeah I was on MT had an Astro black R56 JCW

35. Much better :cool:

36. yer i remember the car now. i had a pepper white R53

37. Thanks buddy!! cant get over how much better they make the car look. I wish i got the xenons but couldnt justify the price for a set

38. The chrome inserts look nasty. Take it all the 250 cups had chrome? My 265 cup has the black ones.

39. Xenons are nice on the 250 but even they aren't as dark as the xenons fitted to the 265! How much did you manage to find some xenons for?

40. They where always about £300 a side when I saw them and I'm not paying that haha