R26 Lowering springs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Chris79, May 20, 2018.

1. I’ve currently got H&R springs on the meg which were on the car when I bought it. I only drove around 200 miles before taking it off the road for a front end refresh and found the ride quite crashy. I’m just about to start rebuilding this week and torn between sticking with the h&r’s or buying some grams Springs. I’ve got new oe shocks to fit so want to mate them with the best springs. The car will be mainly for track use, so can anyone provide any insight into the difference between the two and which will be better on track? Cheers

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

with the refresh what are you changing?

3. Shocks, ball joints, bushes, track rod ends, rebuilding hubs with new bearings (all 3 on one hub, swivel bearing on the other) new lateral cheeks, driveshaft oil seals, discs, pads, flexi hoses and calliper refurb and anything else I can find as I don’t want to do it again!!! Oh and some grease bolts supplied by your good self.

4. That definitely qualifies as a front end refresh! Should be like a new car. I have 70000 mild OEM shocks at present but am going to try some Grams as seem great value.