265 Lower strut 'Pinch' bolt seized

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Tom 265Cup, Jul 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So attempted to fit the coilovers this week,

Rears done and dusted in 2 hours.

Fronts however,
    The bolt that pinches the hub to the strut just will not come out.

The nut will come off but then the bolt is just stuck there, Used tons of WD40 and had the breaker bar on it but will not twist or hammer out.

Getting my hands on a 450Nm impact wrench tonight which i hope will shift it.

Is this normal given the car is only 4 years old and has only 17000 miles,

Anyone else had this?

2. impact wrench hasnt worked, anybody know how im best off finding replacement bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Have you tried heating it?

4. Not yet, was put off by the marking on the strut telling me not to heat [emoji23]

5. matt e

Probably cause of the oil in the in the shock, but if your fitting coilovers I wouldn't worry

6. matt e

On the parts diagram is says m12 but doesn't give the length, but you could measure that

7703002824 is the part number for the bolt

7703034274 is the part number for the nut

7. Cheers for that mate, il look to order them today

8. Heat and impact wrench simultaneously did the trick but one on the bolts needs replacing for sure so ordering them today.

So now in order to get the hub assembly low enough to remove the strut, what has to be removed? May save me time before i just try everything.

9. Is the hub assembly aluminium? How did it respond to heat?

I had the same issue on a regular cooking Megane. First bolt sheared. Much pain with that situation. Heat and penetration oil broke the seal with the help of a breaker bar on the second.

RS 175 Lux