looking for a 250 cup - can you help me out on a few details?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by pauljoecoe, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Hi,

Sorry if I make some silly, what may seem obvious comments here. Please bear with me.

Looking around for a 2010/11 250 Cup. Can you just explain on the different versions available. If I understand correctly there is a Cup chassis version which has stiffer suspension and LSD.

How do I know which version any particular car is. I have seen a private ad that specifically mentions 'cup chassis pack' but another trade as that doesn't say specifically.

Is the it correct that the 'cup chassis pack' is less equipped. But then again I suppose it could be specced back up again?

Also for mainly road use is it desirable to have the LSD?

Just need to be sure of what I am looking at.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

2. hi paul
    cup car has red brake calipers and slotted brake discs
    the best cars to go for are what the forum users call full fat which means its got the recaro seats,climate control and a few other toys
    ive got the 250 sport which is the softer version with leather seats but iam the wrong side of 45

3. I've a FFcup and iam the wrong side of 52

4. i get a slipped disc when my son drops me off at the pub in the clio cup
    i guess il have to man up

5. Clio is not as forgiving had both

6. A standard 250 withouth cup will have grey calipers.

250 FF is a 250 with cup chassis. It will still have red calipers, groved discs, LSD and because its a 250 it will have climate and leather. If it has recaros, these will be leather.

250 cup ever so slightly lighter (no real world difference). Will have "cup" on side pillar as the only exterior difference. It will also have red calipers, grooved discs. But, if it has recaros, these will be cloth. These came with A/c as standard.

So your most well spec car would be a 250FF (250+cup) with light/vis pack (xenons, folding mirrors) recaros, RS monitor, USb port, spare wheel,

7. that looks like a 250 with cup chassis (FF). (no cup badge on pilar) but no interior shots to confirm the leather as it may have had the cup badge removed.
    Those are not xenon headlights
    but it does have the Day LEDs and 19inch option.

If it has full s/h and is indeed a 250 + Cup chassis id be happy to pay 12k.

8. thats a well speced cup. More spec than the previous FF one at 12.5k

comparing the two it depends if you want xenons, black, low millage vs leather interior for 1k more. (Neither have an rs monitor or recaros)

Also, its rare to find a visibility pack car with recaros anyway. IMO both are resonably good value. I think that the osyter grey is a good by at 12k and the cup at 12.5 - 13k.

9. Personally I prefer the grey colour. Buying from a dealer gives a little more security including some warranty. 4000 miles feels too low for an over 3 year old car.

Hmm... Am I trying to convince myself?

10. if agree with you there mate, 4k miles on a car of that age tells me something's been messed with, or it's just a printing error, maybe email him to send a photo of the clock on the dash.

personally think the grey one is a very good deal especially with RAC warranty.

11. I think the mileage is genuine. It's a one owner car, but just a 2nd weekend car. He has a company car. Still, it means the car has sat around doing nothing a lot which isn't good. Might be ok though.

12. Don't let a warranty steer your thought. A privately bought car with a privately bought warranty is just as good.

13. Well thanks for all the help. Bought the Oyster Grey one from a dealer in the end. Got a few hundred off the sticker price and they're going to have the wheels refurbished as there were a few scrapes on them. Other than that a very clean car and drove well - dare I saw that after my 300bhp VX220 it feels a little 'tame' but the wife will like it. it was keenly priced anyway comparing it to other cars available at the moment.

Got to work out how to hide it till christmas day know.

Oh yes...and how does £340 insurance sound -Thats without any no claims bonus as its an extra car.