Looking at buying a megane - which variant?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Nightingale95, Nov 25, 2014.

1. And I might have missed something, but 263bhp is low for all those mods. Could have gotten just about that from a stg1 map alone.

To be fair to the guy though mine has a scrape on the lower bumper that has been there since I got it, and the car is far from unloved - in fact it's had about a grand spent on it this month. I'd sort it if I was selling it though.

2. Witout a doubt the most arrogant and ironic post I have seen on this forum, if the LSD is engaging then you are more than likely giving the car some hammer, if it's engaging every single journey then you drive like a tit in my oppinion. How do you think cars without an LSD manage normal day to day driving? Easy because a slipper isn't required for that

3. I would look up what ironic means.

You are making some assumptions about how a car is driven. You dont need to drive like a loon to get the diff to work. If you have a fair bit of lock on , and are static and give it some gentle beans you will feel the diff work. You arent driving like a tit then. You are getting out of a junction. I guess you already know that though. ah well.

Where did I say a diff is needed ? You need to relax a little.

4. I thought it was low on power too , but every engine is different.

Agree with you on the point that it could be looked after - but I am with you on the prep for selling. That was the point I was trying to make. Could be the guy has run out of money to run ? They aint cheap to keep on the road.

5. Daz

Daz

Is it a standard 225? - I did forget to mention I wouldn't buy a boggo 225 - the only ph1's I would go for are the Cup/Trophy - standard 225's are just too soft/compromised.

6. when dod renault bing the ph2's out? what year? as i got an 06 and was just wondering.

7. Nightingale I am new here too and I don't want to ruffle any feathers, everyone has valid advice and some unvalid lol which I am sure you can filter out, but more importantly you DO NOT have to compromise on quality of car or mileage if you want a R26 for £5k, there are good ones out there that have been looked after with fsh and mileage under 70k and yes for £5000, you just have to look hard matey and take your time, why compromise or pick a model you don't want ? when doing abit of research can get you just what you want, I did mate and I got my r26 for less than £5000 a lot less, abit more advice for you is this, sometimes a seller has a great R26 but he thinks what is wrong with it is major work, but with abit of research you may find it can be repaired or replaced very cheaply indeed, so again you can pick up a cheap R26 cos not everyone is a mechanic or savvy minded, what he thinks is a pig could be your very next bargain R26 amigo .

8. Lol this thread looks like it was lifter straight from CS :wink:

Anyway, i'm thinking of stepping into a 230, but there seems to be a real lack of good low mileage ones out there. I've got a budget of around 8k, but cant seem to find anything that low mileage/owner

9. I paid that kind of sum for a 28k 2 owner LY car recently. Low miles and owners was a big criteria for me (as well as the colour!) and I REALLY struggled to find one that fitted the bill

There is/was a lovely 19k LY car on pistonheads recently though

10. The whole site looks like it was lifter from CS.

Wait while they want money from you....

11. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

the site may look like that as we had a lot of help from cs admin setting up, atm and for the foreseeable i cant see paying for it becoming an issue but if you did have to pay it would be money well spent imo

12. Yeah it would be after a GW or maybe red one, so that limits it even more.

I've been keeping an eye since the summer you get one or two, but there seems to be a really lack of decent cherished low mileage ones available

:worried:

13. I agree with you completely mate. I've found one which is low mileage and under 5k which same as you say needs work (only cosmetic and an ABS sensor) so all being well I can sell my current car before that sells I'll be happy. Recently test drove it then it 'sold' but he got let down and kept a deposit but drove much better than the 225 I drove which was local.

14. I was just thinking the same.

Seems like Renault owners are an argumentative bunch!

15. 2b206d3f9b19f11874e191de1b829c33.jpg

Could be worth a look. Just about the lowest mileage I've seen one all year.

16. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Best colour too.

17. Jeeze this place is crawling with the CS geeks ;-)

I have seen that, does look a goodun to be fair :smile:

I want a GW one really, but would settle for red. Think i might see if i get any bites on the 197

18. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I'm just dropping in to say play nice people.

Oh and the best megane is mine.

19. We always play nice in here.

BTW you are wrong. Mine is best.

20. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

The TDK is a slut.